Ada, MI (PRWEB) August 11, 2006 -–
Good cooking begins with good cutting. The new iCook™ knifeware set from Quixtar offers five, premium forged, German stainless steel knives designed by renowned knife expert Ken Onion and endorsed by iCook Culinary Specialist, Jason Roberts.
The exclusive design of iCook knives provides ease of use and comfort when cutting. The forged blade combines strength with balance and the weight of the knives is well centered. The knives are designed with a curve along the top of the bolster as well as a curved angle on the face of the blade, allowing for a looser, more comfortable, yet effective grip that provides greater control.
The cutting edge of the blade is curved to match the natural action of the wrist while cutting, while the tip of the blade is lower than the handle, creating more control for delicate cutting, especially when cutting on the bias.
The iCook knifeware set is versatile with a knife for every job in the kitchen.
- The 9-in. Chef’s knife is a great multi-purpose tool for slicing, dicing and mincing.
- The Santoku knife has a 7-in. blade with hollow ground grantons that allow food to more easily release from the blade. It’s an ideal knife for slicing, dicing and mincing meats, fish and vegetables.
- The 8-in. Slicer’s serrated edge is perfect for slicing softer foods like bread, tomatoes and cake.
- The Petty knife with its 5-in. blade trims and bones meats with ease and efficiency.
- The 4-in. Paring knife peels fruits and vegetables with precision.
The iCook knifeware set comes with a space-saving drawer storage tray to safely store knives, protecting hands and the blade edges.
The set also comes with a bonus DVD, hosted by renowned chef Jason Roberts, which introduces the knives, described proper use and care, and provides demonstrations on proper cutting technique.
No two cooks cook alike, but all cooks cook for the same reasons. Quixtar iCook provides the tools to help people cook healthier and live longer.