Burlington, MA (PRWEB) August 11, 2006
Fortune 500 company QUALCOMM, one of the leading communications technology companies in the world, recently undertook an extreme makeover of its HRMS to better meet the needs of its employees, managers and business environment. IHRIM’s September webinar will describe how QUALCOMM started from scratch to reinvent their ERP-based HRMS as a full featured, web-based, award winning application.
Scheduled for 1:00 p.m. Central time, Wednesday, September 13, the webinar will provide attendees with an opportunity to see how QUALCOMM’s tools and processes were created and implemented; see the tools in action via a live, real-time, interactive demo; see how part of the application was ported to cell phones for managers; hear what employees have to say about it all. Qualcomm employees interact with the application on a regular basis from the time they apply for a job until they leave the company.
The discussion will be centered on:
- The importance of listening to feedback and, more importantly, acting upon it.
- When to use a vendor supplied product, outsource or build it yourself.
- Automation and acceptance of formerly strongly held manual processes.
- How implementation and acceptance of a newly automated process throughout the organization takes a lot of legwork and patience, along with a bit of salesmanship.
- Listening and responding to employee feedback to make those employees your biggest supporters and “salespeople.”
- The fact that organizations will embrace a well built tool, which will contribute to the company's bottom line.
Attendees will view a live, real-time demonstration of a best practices solution. They will also be able to interact with the presenters through email and call-in Q&A time. Human resource executives, HR analysts and HRIS professionals will especially benefit from this webinar, plus this program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
The presenters, Phil Pins, senior manager, HRMS and Gary Morlock, HRMS manager, each have more than 20 years experience in the information technology field and have worked with human resources, payroll, accounting, financial forecasting, and project management applications at QUALCOMM.
For more information, visit http://www.ihrim.org and scroll down to Upcoming IHRIM Events. Please reference Seminar IHR-11908 when registering.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
# # #