Inspired by that information, we found that clients and prospective podcasters wanted to get a better sense of production and how to go about getting started. This digest fills that need and helps marketers prepare.
Lake Leelanau, MI (PRWEB) August 14, 2006
Oneupweb, online marketing leader, today released a hefty digest on podcasting, Corporate Podcasting 101, which is available free on PodGarden.com. The volume is written to help marketers understand the mechanics of podcast production, why tracking is important and how to use the new medium successfully in an integrated online marketing plan. With this information, marketers will have enough background to see how podcasting can impact their bottom line and what’s necessary to produce a podcast series.
“Podcasting 101 is a marketing primer,” says Oneupweb CEO, Lisa Wehr. “Our objective is to provide marketing executives with clear, concise, jargon-free information they can use, right now.” For that purpose, Oneupweb’s Corporate Podcasting 101 includes a handy flow chart, titled The Podcast Cycle, describing podcast production, marketing, optimization and performance tracking. The chart will help marketers visualize the vital steps for successful business podcasts.
The 16-page document covers:
- What podcasting is.
- Its marketing value
- How podcasts are used (from a corporate or marketing perspective)
- How they work. (including a step-by-step flow chart)
- Podcasting sourcing options
- Best practices
- And more, including a podcast glossary, the history and a look at what’s coming...
“Our previous podcast paper, Consider Podcasting, gives marketers a strategic look at the value of the medium,” says Wehr. “Inspired by that information, we found that clients and prospective podcasters wanted to get a better sense of production and how to go about getting started. This digest fills that need and helps marketers prepare.”
Oneupweb suggests that marketers use the digest to help the entire organization understand how podcasting can reach its target audiences, citing the following ways that podcasts have revolutionized communications:
- Automatically Updated – Once subscribed, the latest podcast from a favorite source is sent automatically, at no charge.
- Portable – In the car, at the gym, even during a morning run, on the subway – listen when it’s convenient.
- Available On Demand – People can listen for a few minutes, come back later where they left off, replay a favorite section and skip another. Whenever they’re ready, so is a podcast.
- And Now, They’re Trackable – Until recently, commercial podcasters had no easy way of knowing if, when and from where their podcasts were being downloaded. With the launch of PodTractor™ from Oneupweb, podcast success can be tracked and reported.
Oneupweb creates integrated online marketing plans that include natural search engine optimization, paid search marketing, podcast production and media planning, online marketing research, marketing analytics, online advertising creative and online media services. An award–winning firm, Oneupweb was named a 2006 Michigan Top 50 Company to Watch and is the only two–time winner of the prestigious ClickZ Best Search Engine Marketing Vendor Award. CEO, Lisa Wehr, an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, has been named to BtoB Magazine’s Who’s Who List twice and recognized as a Leader & Innovator by Lawrence Technological University. The company publishes an SEO / SEM newsletter Online Marketing Brief™, blog and weekly podcast -- StraightUpSearch. Oneupweb is a privately held company located in Michigan. For more information on Oneupweb, please contact 231.256.9811 or visit Oneupweb.com.
# # #