Irvine, CA (PRWEB) August 16, 2006
The next Member Conference of the Supplier Excellence Alliance (SEA) is set for Thursday, September 14, 2006. The Member Conference will be hosted by Cessna Aircraft Company in Wichita, Kansas.
SEA is the joint program office for the aerospace, defense, and space industry supply chain conversion. As a non-profit alliance of leading industry contractors, SEA’s purpose is to accelerate supply chain performance and help U. S. suppliers become more competitive.
SEA Executive Director, Mickey Wiebe, suggests this will be the largest Member Conference to date, “This Member Conference promises to draw executives from industry “primes,” tier-one suppliers, and leading supplier firms. Representatives from governmental agencies and the media will also be on hand.”
The SEA Member Conference is an educational forum that focuses on the needs of small and mid-sized suppliers in the aerospace, defense and space supply chains. The September 14 agenda includes:
- Sub-tier suppliers will share their experience in implementing lean production from the perspective of a small company.
- Primes and tier-ones will share their views on how the industry is changing.
- A special learning session will feature the SEA Lean Enterprise system and a discussion of the opportunities that are arising from small companies.
- Opportunities to interface with and speak to prime and tier-one supply chain executives.
- Presentations by supplier companies on the results they are achieving through implementation of the SEA Lean Enterprise System, the business system now being deployed across the industry.
Among those expected to attend will be SEA board members representing BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman Company, United Technologies, Parker Aerospace, Rockwell Collins, Pratt & Whitney, Hamilton Sundstrand, Sikorsky Aircraft, Textron, Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft, Honeywell, TW Metals, Space Systems Loral, Bombardier, Hitco Carbon Composites, Firth Rixson, Dresser-Rand, Roberts Tool Company, Cristek Interconnects, and Tyco Printed Circuit Group. Supplier company executives and members of the press will also be present.
To register to attend the SEA Member Meeting, please RSVP to Ms. Hilda Pacheco-Taylor at (949) 476-1144, extension 316.
To learn more about SEA visit the SEA website at http://www.seaonline.org.
# # #