Dallas, TX (PRWEB) August 17, 2006
Here it is, the middle of summer, and someone mentions Back to School Furniture. How can that be when the temperature tops 100 degrees? But it’s true, while the kids are enjoying summer camps and parks, the school systems are planning for the next school year.
As the old adage goes, “you snooze, you lose…..” Now is the time for school administrators to be determining their needs for the next school year in relation to furniture and supplies. If you wait any longer, the school furniture may not be delivered in time to open the doors in the fall. With that in mind, here are the top 10 tips for School Furniture buying.
1. Order now, order early! This is the season and if you don’t get your orders in now, your furniture may not arrive before the students.
2. Order quick ship colors & models. While you might just love that lime green classroom desk and chair set combination, do you have the time it takes for special orders?
3. Save on shipping charges by ordering items made by the same manufacturer. This seems obvious, but many school systems don’t realize the savings they may have by buying multiple times from the same manufacturer. Not only will you save shipping charges, the items will coordinate with each other since they are from the same manufacturer and you may be able to get better pricing due to larger orders.
4. Need freight special services, inside delivery or liftgate to reach the loading dock? Always call ahead, before the delivery date, to discuss any special needs you might have concerning the delivery of your order. Do not assume that the delivery company will transport the furniture to that 3rd floor classroom, when they think it will be delivered to a loading dock.
5. Inspect all cartons during delivery; don’t wait until school is back in session. Don’t assume anything. Take the time now, at the time of the delivery, to inspect the delivery cartons to make sure they are not damaged. You may jeopardize potential damage claims if you wait too long to inspect the cartons.
6. Include summer delivery contact person & phone number. Not all schools are open every day all summer long. Make sure the order contains the contact information for the person responsible for receiving the furniture cartons. And make sure the summer contact person knows they are the summer contact person, and has contact numbers for the delivery company.
7. Call the furniture distributor for chair & table height suggestions. One size does not fit all when it comes to school furniture. Discuss what age group the school furniture is intended for when placing the initial order to make sure you are selecting the appropriate size of furniture.
8. Call the furniture distributor about space requirements or weight capacities. Is this furniture going to be stationary or moving around a multipurpose room? The intended use may impact the type, size and weight of furniture you should be considering for purchase.
9. Spend new budget money now. Don’t wait till the end of your fiscal year and then try to get something delivered and invoiced in time to meet your deadline.
10. Order age appropriate chairs and desks to insure student’s comfort. If a student is uncomfortable in their chair or desk, it will have a negative impact on their concentration and school performance.
Use these tips to help your school furniture vendor delight you with a positive experience for all involved. A little forethought goes a long way in the preparation for a successful school opening for the upcoming year.
After spending over 30 years in the school supply and equipment industry, we know what is important to you -- selection, service and price. At Worthington Direct, you will find quality furniture products for your school, church or office. Our goal is to make your purchasing job easier. With competitive pricing, knowledgeable sales associates, and "In Stock" products for quick, efficient shipping...Worthington Direct is committed to be your furniture resource.
For more information contact Wren Ovard at 800-599-6636 or via email: wren(at)worthingtondirect.com.