Redmond, Washington (PRWEB) August 17, 2006
Solid Documents, a leading provider of document utility products, today announced the release of Solid Converter® PDF version 3.1. The new version features additional capabilities that allow users to convert virtually any PDF into a Word document regardless of its layout or text orientation, while maintaining a straightforward, easy-to-use interface.
"The key is balancing functionality and simplicity," said Michael Cartwright, CEO of Solid Documents. "When it comes to working with documents, we all want simple solutions. Solid Converter PDF, now more than ever, provides those solutions without requiring that you pay a fortune or read a reference manual."
The new version of the product features:
- Automatic rotated text recovery. Users can now convert PDFs containing rotated text. Text that is rotated at ANY angle will be automatically converted into WordArt objects, which can then be edited individually.
Header and footer recovery. Solid Converter PDF provides you with options for converting headers and/or footers. You can choose to put them in Word's header/footer feature, or you can choose to place them in the body of the document making the headers/footers appear on each page as separate text boxes. A third option allows you to remove them altogether.
Form detection. Solid Converter PDF v3.1 gives users the ability to convert a form from PDF to a Word document while maintaining the form’s layout including boxes and form fields. Form fields are recognized and converted into text boxes for easy editing.
AES security certificates. Solid Converter PDF can now open and convert PDF files with an AES security certificate.
Automatic hyperlink detection. Hyperlinks that are in standard URL format (such as http://www.solidpdf.com) in the original PDF are automatically transferred into the new Word document.
Solid Converter PDF has been a successful and trusted product for years, backed by first-class customer service. As one of our many appreciative customers recently told us, "I have already used your full product a number of times in the last two days and find it excellent - I would definitely recommend it (and have done so already to a number of my colleagues)."
- Automatic rotated text recovery
- Header and footer recovery
- Form detection
- AES security certificates
- Automatic hyperlink detection
- Extract tables to Excel
- Extract all images to common graphics files formats – JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, or TIF
- Create PDFs from practically ANY program* (Professional version only)
- Supports new Word and Excel XML formats used in Office 12
- One-button PDF creation in Word
- One-button PDF creation from Excel and PowerPoint (Professional version only)
- Converts the entire PDF file at once, or, you can choose specific pages to be recovered
- Matches PDF fonts with Microsoft Windows installed fonts
- Re-flows content from column to column, and page to page
- Replicates the PDF page layout including tables
- Retains fonts, character formatting and paragraphs
- Enhanced table handling in Word
- Plain Text option that removes layout and character-level formatting, if desired
- Converts vector graphics to embedded, editable vector objects in Word
Availability and Pricing:
Solid Converter® PDF is available directly through Solid Documents, the Solid Documents global network of reseller partners, and major software retailers. Solid Converter PDF v3.1 is available in $49.95 and $99.95 (Professional) versions for individual users, with volume discounts available through the Solid Documents Enterprise License Program. For additional information on features, pricing, and volume licensing programs, please visit http://www.soliddocuments.com or call (1) 800-880-2654.
About Solid Documents:
Solid Documents, is a leading provider of easy-to-use document utility tools, including Solid Converter PDF. The company creates an array of affordable document conversion, image capturing, and digital editing products that are backed by superior customer service and support. Company success can be attributed to one fundamental design principle: Keep it simple.