New York (PRWEB) August 16, 2006
In the era of the humanization of pets, which has inspired the latest batch of luxury pet products, pet owners want their dogs dressed to reflect their lifestyles. This idea was exemplified by the unofficial poster child of the pet industry – Paris Hilton and her pampered pet, Tinkerbell.
Miss Hilton demonstrated that pet owners should dress their dogs to reflect their personal style-whether to walk the red carpet or every day life. As a result, it is not uncommon for dog owners to have at least 10 dog collars and leashes, matching outfits and a variety of pet carrier bags. In fact, pet carrier bags are more stylish then ever being called “pet fashion totes” and are designed like women’s handbags (Donald J. Pliner, & Sherpa).
The pawfect pet wardrobe has to consist of the practical, the stylish and of course the outrageous. Look for fashions to mirror human trends. Pet Products Expert Charlotte Reed offers a sneak peak at the pet fashion forecast for Fall 2006:
- Don't be surprised to see plaid (Thayer and Ridge), tweed coats (Romy & Jacob) as well as trench style raincoats (Burberry) in pet boutiques and department stores around the country. Cashmere sweaters are coming back in beautiful bright colors (Ralph Lauren, & Burberry), argyle prints (Hedy Manon) and soft prints adored with the sparkle and shine of Swarovski crystals to give them a gentle touch (Oscar Newman).
- Search for beautiful leather collars and leashes in chocolate, dark green and rich red with gold hardware (Canine Styles).
- For those who prefer a more urban street style, consider Camo dresses (Monkey Daze), Hoodies (Ruff Luv), t-shirts (Hippie Dog), and even vintage tees (Haute Diggity Dog).
- Pet fashion is not just for small dogs anymore. Big dogs will be dressed in more than MLB (Sporty K9) and NFL sports jerseys (Hunter Pet Gear) this fall – you will see a lot of larger dogs in elegant jewelry (Dorothy Bauer).
- The latest pet fashion trend? A closet for your pampered pooch. A smart way to keep your pet fashion looking its best is to hang her wardrobe on doggie wooden hangers (Hedy Manon) or beaded hangers (Ruff Luv). Place all articles of clothing in a custom made pet armoire or a hanging wardrobe closet (HandsNpaws).
- Before you buy doggie fashions, look at the care instructions. Wool, cashmere and other fine fabrics need to be dry cleaned. Some clothes can be machine or hand washed but should be dripped dry to avoid shrinkage. Use gentle cleaners like Woolite.
- Pet designers are seeking inspiration from runway fashions. As a result, more pet fashion shows are being produced whether for charity or entertainment. This fall, a pet runway show will be the “seen and be seen” event in your area. For example, in the month of September, Pooch Couture, a new boutique in Cranston, Rhode Island will host an exclusive show and Canada's Urban Pet will once again hold its elegant brunch and fashion show at the Le Germain Hotel in Montreal. Also, specialty pet television channels now feature pet fashion shows!
For more pet product tips and advice from Charlotte Reed visit: http://www.charlottereed.com.
# # #