(PRWEB) August 22, 2006
In sharp contrast to the branded pharmaceutical market, which has stalled in recent year, the generics market is enjoying a period of unprecedented success. In 2005 the world generics market was worth $45bn, a growth of 14% on the previous year.
The loss of patent protection by 2009 of almost $80bn worth of top selling drugs will be the major driving force for this generic market growth. Additionally, as healthcare costs in the developed world continue to increase, and the growth of pharmaceutical markets in developing countries continues to grow. More generic copies of successful drugs are being sold worldwide than ever before. This report describes how this burgeoning market will change over the forecast period and highlights the important issues for both originator companies and generic drugs manufacturers.
What is the therapeutic area with the most potential for generic companies? How are branded pharmaceutical companies preparing for the increasing threat of generic penetration? What challenges do generic companies face in the coming years? Read visiongain's The World Generics Market 2006-2011 report to find out.
Why should you buy this report?
The progress of the generic pharmaceutical market is of great importance to anyone in the pharmaceutical industry. This report provides detailed financial data and invaluable opinion about how this market will change over the important period to come.
The following issues are covered in detail:
- A summary of the relevant legislation affecting the generics industry
- A market forecast for the world generics market 2006-2011
- An assessment of the drivers and restraints of the market during this period
- A discussion of the attitudes to generics in different regions including the US, Europe and Asia
- The issue of Biogenerics and the changes in regulations required for their success
- A review of strategies for success for originator and generics companies
Companies Mentioned in this report:
- Azko Nobel
- Biogen Idec
- Dr Reddy’s
- Eli Lilly
- Forest Laboratories
- Genzyme Transgenics
- GTC Biotherapeutics
- Johnson and Johnson
- Lunbeck A/S
- Mylan Laboratories
- Nicholas Piramal
- Schwarz Pharma
- Synthon Pharmaceuticals
- Watson Pharmaceuticals
1. Executive Summary
4. The Current Pharmaceutical Business Model And Why It Is Failing
5. The Rise Of The Generic
6. The Collapse Of A Pharmaceutical Market Due To Generic Competition
7. Patents And The Pharmaceutical Industry
8. Introduction To Product Lifecycle Management
9. Lifecycle Management Involves Increasing Revenue Across The Lifetime Of A Drug
10 Swot Analysis For Product Lifecycle Management
“Product Lifecycle Management, 2006” is available from Piribo. For more information go to: http://www.piribo.com/publications/sales_marketing/product_lifecycle_management_2006.html
Piribo Product ID: VIS030
Piribo (http://www.piribo.com) is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The website now carries over 3,800 English language titles including, market reports, studies and books and is the UK’s largest online biopharma information store. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest. The company was established in 2004.