Foxboro, MA (PRWEB) August 21, 2006 -–
Engineering Procurement Contractor, GSEC of Seoul, Korea, has awarded Invensys Process Systems (http://www.invensys.com/ps) a multimillion dollar automation contract to provide an integrated process control, safety, asset management, and plant information system solution for the grassroots Laffan Refinery under construction at the Ras Laffan City in Qatar. Once operational in 2008, the refinery will process approximately 146,000 barrels per day of gas condensates from the adjacent QatarGas and RasGas LNG liquefaction facilities, making it one of the world’s largest condensate refineries.
“Important grassroots refinery projects such as the Laffan Refinery don’t come along very often and Invensys is honored to have been selected as automation supplier,” commented Ken Brown, president of Invensys Process Systems. “Once again, Invensys’ proven track record in successfully implementing projects of this scale anywhere in the world, combined with our ability to deliver a well-integrated process control, safety, asset management, and plant information solution, were key factors.”
Invensys’ broad scope of supply for the project will include:
- Foxboro’s latest Mesh Control Network-based I/A Series process control system technology (encompassing approximately 5,000 intelligent I/O points plus approximately 2,000 serial points integrated largely via OPC
- Triconex triple-modular-redundant (TMR) technology for both the safety instrumented system (SIS) and the fire and gas (F&G) protection systems
- Avantis.PRO maintenance management software integrated with the automation systems to help balance asset availability and utilization
- Invensys’ award-winning real-time equipment Condition Monitoring (CM) solution to facilitate highly effective predictive maintenance techniques
- Invensys’ advanced refinery and offsites applications for refinery order management and product movement monitoring, tank farm information, and movement line-up and execution
- third-party real-time plant database and production scheduling applications
- associated engineering, integration, training, and site services
The Invensys automation systems at the new Laffan Refinery will be interfaced to existing Invensys systems at both the RasGas and QatarGas sites to help maximize the synergies between these plants.
Invensys is the world leader in industrial asset performance management. In addition to its rapidly expanding Global Solutions and Performance Management services groups, Invensys’ automation businesses includes industry-leading brands such as Foxboro, Triconex, SimSci-Esscor, Wonderware, and Avantis, whose products are installed in more than 100,000 plants across the world. These range from small hybrid and batch plants to the world’s largest upstream projects, refineries, gas plants, petrochemicals plants, power plants, and pulp and paper mills.
The Invensys Group (http://www.invensys.com) is headquartered in London and is listed on the London Stock Exchange, with approximately 30,000 employees working in 60 countries.
Foxboro, Invensys, I/A Series, Triconex, SimSci-Esscor, Wonderware, and Avantis are trademarks of Invensys plc, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. All other brands and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.