San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 21, 2006
For General Release -- Early Impact, an ecommerce software development company, released a new version of its popular shopping cart software. ProductCart v3 brings a number of innovative new features to online stores around the world, including an AJAX-enhanced interface.
ProductCart v3 is the culmination of extensive work aimed at bringing a new level of sophistication and professionalism to small business e-commerce Web sites, and incorporates many features resulting from feedback received over the years by the thousands of stores that use Early Impact’s shopping cart.
Among the many new features:
- Full support for Cascading Style Sheets. The entire storefront was updated to support CSS, providing tremendous design flexibility when creating or updating a ProductCart-powered store.
- Supplier management, drop shipping & back-ordering. ProductCart can now handle complex scenarios such as orders containing products that are not immediately available (back-ordered) or products that are drop-shipped by a third party.
- Unlimited pricing levels. ProductCart v3 allows businesses to create unlimited pricing categories and assign customers to a specific one (e.g. Preferred Customers, Gold Members, International Resellers, etc.). When the customer logs in, the correct price is shown.
- AJAX-enhanced interface. Learning how many results a search will return before even clicking on the “Search” button. Getting product information by simply mousing over a product name, without visiting the product details page. Finding out the products contained in a category without visiting the category page. It’s the power of interacting with the store database without the “click & wait” that is typically part of the Internet experience. For more about ProductCart and AJAX, visit http://www.earlyimpact.com/ajax/
- Advanced Cross Selling. Cross-sold products can be added to the cart along with the main product. Store managers can also promote product bundles (e.g. main product + an accessory) and provide customers with a built-in discount when they purchase the bundle.
- UPS and FedEx label printing. Store managers can now print UPS and FedEx shipping labels right from within ProductCart’s Control Panel, eliminating one of the most common order processing bottlenecks.
- And many other features including: Multiple product images, unlimited product options, special customer fields (e.g. reseller number, date of birth, etc.), a completely redesigned Control Panel, which now includes AJAX-enhanced search features allow you to quickly find products or customers.
“Initial response from our customers has been terrific. ProductCart v3 is allowing them to take their e-commerce stores to a new level of quality and profitability.” said Massimo Arrigoni, CEO of Early Impact. “It will be a lot of fun to see all the great Internet stores that companies will build with our new shopping cart software.”
ProductCart v3 is available starting at $695 per storefront. For more information and fully-functional demos, please visit the Early Impact Web site at http://www.earlyimpact.com
Early Impact develops e-commerce software for small businesses. Its ProductCart line of shopping cart software is used by thousands of Internet stores around the world. Hundreds of Web design companies have chosen it as their e-commerce system of choice for building online storefronts for their customers. Early Impact is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.