(PRWEB) August 22, 2006
Castlesofscotland.com, http://www.castlesofscotland.com, is opening its new Interactive Property portal this week. The interactive portal on Sky TV will allow 20 million Sky viwers in the UK to browse and buy property directly from their TV set.
The first property to be marketed on Castlesofscotland.com will be Knoppenburg Manor in Belgium. Originally built in the 16th century, Knoppenburg is conveniently situated in the centre of Europe and is easily reached from Belgium or Germany. Knoppenburg is for sale at 2.7 million euros, approximately £1.8 million or circa $3 million.
46 hectares of vast land is part of the Knoppenburg Manor estate, enclosed by hedges and rows of trees. Nearby are two natural ponds enclosed by a natural population of trees.
The Manor building is approached via a splendid avenue. The estate consists of three building sections, arranged in a U-form. The main building stands in the centre, built in a classical style.
Acting as a lateral barrier to the forecourt, two towers with onion domes close in from the left and right side wings. Due to the core renovation by the previous owner, the property is now open to various usage possibilities, i.e. variable in planning and building.
The main building has a floor space of approx. 20-by-10 m plus an adjoining building. Ground, upper and attic storeys cover approx. 480 m©˜ in built space. The outer walls were built partly with quarry stones and partly with perforated brick in the renovation phase.
All windows and door reveals are mounted into bluestone. Above all, the main Manor tower raised in the form of a crenellated tower offers a large viewing terrace. Both the side wings and the two towers on the entrance side are built with quarry stones.
The wings offer floor and living space of 280-300 m©˜ each on two levels. In the northwest wing, load-bearing structures support the upper floor.
Here, the windows and door reveals are also mounted into bluestone. The complete built-up property stands on a partial parcel of land of approx. 1.36 hectares in size, planned as a park. The park connects to the riding hall; and stables (55-by-21m size), which have been granted planning and building permission.
About 200 m away from the estate stands an agricultural building complex (approx. 30 x 32 m building floor space) which still manages the lands of Knoppenburg Manor.
Due to the structure and location, the estate offers you the opportunity to realize your private or commercial vision.
Knoppenburg has a large area of free space and nature.
Horse enthusiasts can take advantage of the Manor's stables and agricultural land. A riding hall granted with building approval poses the opportunity to provide a further character to the property.
Knoppenburg Manor is a feudal manor and had a historical mention already in the 16th century under its original name "Hop op der Heyde" which means Court on the Heath. It has arisen from the restructuring of the old and significant Manor Belven from which it presumably split-off in the 16th century.
In 1612, Simon Bertholf bequeathed Knoppenburg to Guillaume de Fischer as a gift. The family Fischer extended the building to include two side wings and two towers. The owners changed once more at the beginning of the 18th century and the estate belonged to the family Lamberts after 1717.
# # #