Ft. Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) August 25, 2006
It’s never too early for students and parents to begin thinking about how they are going to pay for college. Between rising tuition costs and living expenses, college is an expensive investment. Fortunately, students have another resource when it comes to searching for scholarship money.
The Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation (CKSF) is unique in that it awards scholarships based on students’ current knowledge. CKSF offers online quizzes, with topics ranging anywhere from pop culture and movies, to chemistry and psychology. CKSF makes it easy for students to win scholarships, as there are no essays to write, no GPA requirements and no financial background check. Students can win scholarships from CKSF starting in high school, and continuing through graduate school.
CKSF has announced its 2006-2007 scholarship schedule, which is as follows:
- American Heroes Scholarship – Students answer questions based on important figures in the military. Contest runs in September.
- The National Nursing Scholarship – Open to high school and college students, students answer questions based on nursing school curriculum. Contest runs in October and March.
- Business School Scholarship – Students answer questions about topics covered in business school, such as management, finance and accounting. Contest runs in October and April.
- Future Teacher of America Scholarship – Students interested in the teaching profession answer questions about subjects such as math, language arts, history and social studies. Contest runs in October and April.
- Criminal Justice Scholarship – Students answer questions based on the U.S. Department of Justice’s Web site. Contest opens in November.
- The Family Common Knowledge Challenge – Students and parents participate in this “family” challenge that tests their knowledge of information that spans over six decades, from the 1950's to 2005. Contest runs in January.
- FBI Common Knowledge Challenge – Students answer questions about the mission, goals, history and inner workings of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Contest opens in February.
- NASCAR Scholarship – Students answer questions based on information found on NASCAR’s Web site. Contest runs in February.
*For a full list of scholarships, visit the CKSF Web site at http://www.cksf.org.
The Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation provides college scholarships through Internet-based quiz programs. CKSF is a not-for-profit organization administered at the Fischler School of Education and Human Services at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. For more information about this program and other CKSF scholarly programs, visit the web site at http://www.cksf.org.
# # #