The number of our multinational clients who request truly global incentive programs has been on the rise for the last several years, but we’ve seen those requests more than double in just the last year
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) August 30, 2006
Maritz Incentives, which designs and manages employee incentive and recognition programs in more than 80 countries, announces the launch of the exclusively yours® global rewards catalog. In August, Maritz Incentives rolled out the global rewards catalog program for its first client, an industry-leading high tech company.
This new online tool helps multinational companies boost employee and sales force performance worldwide by tailoring employee reward selection by region and country, taking into account the native language and culture.
“The number of our multinational clients who request truly global incentive programs has been on the rise for the last several years, but we’ve seen those requests more than double in just the last year,” said Kurt Hosna, international product manager for Maritz Incentives. “We’re excited to offer a new tool the first of its kind to offer more than just gift certificate options for global incentive and recognition programs, as well as many other features – such as being available in 14 different languages.”
The catalog offers a wide variety of merchandise rewards that have “trophy value,” in categories such as electronics, house wares and personal items, which makes it even easier for companies to offer the right employee incentive gifts that have highest motivational impact on their diverse workforce.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Maritz has partnered with a network of rewards solution associates throughout the world that provide the on-the-ground expertise necessary to identify the right rewards and tailor programs for different cultures. Each employee incentive or recognition program participant is given a personalized password. When they log-in, the catalog automatically tailors the following features for them based on where they are located:
- Culturally Appropriate Rewards – The catalog automatically displays employee reward offerings based on the local customs, styles and trends of the participant. For instance, in India, mopeds are featured and in Hong Kong, dried mushrooms are included in the rewards collection.
- Language – Initially, the catalog will launch with 14 languages with the ability to add additional languages. Language will be displayed based on the location of each participant.
- Delivery Logistics – With associates positioned around the world, the catalog’s merchandise is shipped by in-country or regional facilities. This means rewards shipments don’t have to go through lengthy customs processes, and money is saved by avoiding customs and duty fees in most cases.
- In-region Operational Support – Coordination across time zones and language barriers can be difficult. To solve this, Maritz offers knowledgeable representatives throughout the world to assist program participants in their native language with reward redemption questions. Customer service is provided in-country or in-region by Maritz solution associates.
In addition to these features, the program offers ways to tailor the exclusively yours® global rewards catalog for regional/cultural differences through program design:
- Cost of Living – Through their incentive or recognition program, employees earn points that they apply toward winning rewards. The program provides a holistic solution that allows adjustments of participant payouts based on cost-of-living differences in order to offer equitable incentive rewards to all employees. For example, an expensive watch in emerging countries may be equivalent to six months’ salary. For other countries, it could be less than a month’s salary.
- Relevant Rules Structure – Programs can be tailored to have different rules, structure and performance goals for each region. This enables companies to adjust for local culture and market conditions, while still ensuring regional performance goals feed into the company’s overall global objectives. For example, if the global goal is to boost top-line sales growth, the program can include regional targets and objectives to achieve the appropriate regional increases. You would have a completely different growth expectation and program structure in an emerging market versus a mature market.
- Program Communications – Materials and information on incentive and recognition programs that are distributed to employees can also be communicated “in-culture,” by utilizing local communication styles and colloquialisms. For example, U.S. sports metaphors, such as “hit a home run,” are often used in employee incentive programs. However, that phrase doesn’t translate well in other cultures where baseball is uncommon.
EDITOR’S NOTE: To obtain images of the catalog in .jpg format, please contact Jadea Abolahrari at 314-469-3500. More information on Maritz’ international capabilities are available at http://www.maritzincentives.com/incentives-international.html.
About Maritz Incentives
Maritz Incentives is a leading provider of reward and recognition programs. A unit of Maritz Inc., Maritz Incentives works to raise companies’ expectations for what incentive and recognition programs can do by delivering effective solutions from start to finish including analysis, program design, measurement, communications and motivating awards. Based in St. Louis, Maritz Inc. provides market and customer research, communications, learning solutions, incentive initiatives, meetings and event management, rewards and recognition, travel management services, and customer loyalty programs. For more information, visit http://www.maritz.com or contact us at
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
# # #