TOLEDO, Ohio (PRWEB) September 6, 2006
Homebrewers take great pride in their craft and know that a great tasting beer is like a work of art. With roughly 1 million homebrewers in North America, according to several zymurgy industry sources, there are a lot of great-tasting suds flowing.
While a great tasting homebrew depends more on the brewer more than anything else, the equipment can make the skills of even the finest home beer brewer go right down the drain.
To help homebrewers brew better beer, Toledo Metal Spinning has developed the stainless steel, thread-free BrewDome™ Fermenter. Featuring a 12-gallon capacity, the BrewDome Fermenter combines the precision and quality expected for commercial brewing but adapted for homebrew use.
"The BrewDome Fermenter has a mirror-finish interior and uses thread-free fittings to minimize any place where bacteria can grow. No fermenter can guarantee 100 percent elimination of bacteria, but the BrewDome Fermenter does the best job," said Craig Fankhauser, vice president of Toledo Metal Spinning.
Other features of the BrewDome Fermenter include:
- Threadless fittings: The BrewDome Fermenter uses only highly sanitary threadless fittings to significantly reduce the chance for bacteria growth. These fittings are easier to keep clean than traditional threaded fittings.
- Accessible lid: BrewDome Fermenter’s unique lid to be convenient while providing the features necessary for efficient brewing. The air-stopper is filled with alcohol to release pressure building up in the unit. The one-inch air-stopper space accommodates a 7/8-inch tube for removal of foam.
- Clips replace clamps: The BrewDome Fermenter has replaced the ineffective banding clamp sealing method with an easy-to-use clip and gasket sealing system. The heavy duty, FDA-approved rubber gasket provides a clean, durable seal.
- Racking port and dump: The racking arm, constructed with threadless fittings, prevents leaking. It is part of a 3/8-inch racking port and one-inch dump.
- Tassalini butterfly valves: Used extensively by the Italian wine industry, Tassalini’s butterfly valves are standard equipment in the BrewDome. The butterfly valves are commercial grade, with food-grade seal rings for the most sanitary conditions possible. Ball valves are available with the BrewDome.
- Easy to assemble: All that is needed to begin brewing is to attach the legs to the base.
The BrewDome Fermenter is manufactured by Toledo Metal Spinning Company, Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A. Since 1929, TMS has been a leader in experimental, prototype and production metalforming using an array of metals and alloys. The company supplies products and services for customers in a variety of industries, including zymurgy/homebrewing, building maintenance, plastics and commercial lighting.