New York, NY (PRWEB) September 6, 2006
Breakthru Radio (BTR), the Internet’s voice of the World’s Best Independent Music, announced today that it will implement its already popular specialty shows into its weekly schedule. Aside for its regular programming, each day will also include a show specifically based on a specific genre of music, from underground hip hop to reggae, as well as death metal and world music.
Unlike other radio stations, BTR offers listeners with on-demand programming. A first in internet radio, listeners can cater to their musical preferences, while still finding the best independent and unsigned artists across the world. Upon logging onto the website, users have the freedom to choose exactly what shows they want to listen to, and now have our specialty shows at their fingertips each day.
BTR’s specialty shows have already garnered over 30 million listens for the first four shows that have aired previously.
- Monday: The Darkside, a metal show by DJ Darkside has been receiving a huge influx of great new metal and rock from around the world, and now will feature very special segments such as “Metal Madness” and “Prog Passion.”
- Tuesday: The Third Rail where Just Jay and DJ RasCue to create a hip-hop mix show like no other. With the support of underground legends (Freddie Foxxx aka Bumpy Knuckles) and well known independent labels (ABB records, Swindle Entertainment, & Hieroglyphics), the mix show reaches into the raw underbelly of “real” hip-hop.
- Wednesday: BTR Worldwide with DJ Wynn gives an unparalleled exposure to artists across the globe that have yet to be discovered on conventional radio. Featured in his show are artists such as Marisa Monte from Brazil and Ska Cubano from Cuba, with new music added daily. With BTR, no passport is necessary.
- Thursday: Drew’s Reggae Hour, a new specialty show featuring the best new independent music in the reggae world. DJ Drew selects a diverse playlist, including bands from Scotland and Japan, as well as maintaining the genre’s roots in the USA. DJ Drew has built an extensive collection for years and is ready to share his favorites with BTR’s savvy listeners.
- Friday: Welcome to Monsterland will premiere this week with hosts Monsterland Dan (broadcasting from his gloomy Brooklyn castle) and Juliette Lazareth (traveling from her factory filled spaceship direct from Hipsterville, NY). Each show features two live sets, interviews and photos from local NYC bands, as well as special showcases from national indie acts.
With playlists as extensive as our DJs across the country, listeners discover new artists on a daily basis. BTR plans to continue adding new specialty shows each week, including regional showcases, jam and party music focused shows, as well as genre specific singer/songwriter and electronica programming.
About Breakthru Radio
Breakthru Radio (BTR) offers listeners access to unknown artists throughout the world, with a daily audience that includes more than a dozen countries. The site has garnered over 80 million listeners in its first year with its unique on-demand musical programming and focus on the best new independent music worldwide. Current programming includes The Third Rail (hip hop), The Darkside (heavy metal), Club Cavern (electronica), BTR Worldwide (world music), and more specialty shows added each week. With the addition of top-notch editorial content, independent video coverage, and worldwide show calendars, BTR puts everything a music fan needs and wants -- in one place.
For more information on Break Thru Radio contact Rachael Darmanin.
# # #