That translates into great results that build brands.
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 7, 2006 -–
Wunderman, a direct marketing division of WPP, a global communications services company, has announced the acquisition of Shaw Marketing Group, a relationship marketing agency. AdMedia Partners (http://www.AdMediaPartners.com), a New York investment bank, advised Shaw Marketing Group in the acquisition.
The official release is as follows:
Wunderman acquires relationship marketing experts Shaw Marketing Group
5 September 2006
New York, NY, September 5, 2006 - Wunderman, a division of WPP (NSDQ: WPPGY) network of advertising and digital marketing companies, today announced the acquisition of Shaw Marketing Group, a relationship marketing agency recognized for its expertise in Spirits, Consumer Packaged Goods and other nontransactional product categories. The New York-based agency's current clients include Diageo (Crown Royal, Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Guinness and Baileys) and the New York Philharmonic. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed. This new operating division of Wunderman New York will be called Shaw Wunderman.
Shaw Marketing Group has a proven track record of helping the Diageo world-class brands build brand equity through consumer-centric experiences in both the digital and offline forums. Richard Shaw, Shaw Marketing Group Founder and President, will remain as the head of Shaw Wunderman and continue the agency's relationship with its existing client portfolio.
"What's exciting about the Shaw-Wunderman combination is that we share the same philosophy," said Wunderman New York President, Steve Zammarchi. "In the spirits category, you've got to understand what motivates consumers before you approach them."
"I am excited to join the Wunderman network. We will now be better able to bring world-class resources to our existing clients, and can aggressively pursue new business opportunities," said Shaw.
Shaw Marketing Group was founded in 2002 by Richard Shaw, a marketing professional with more than 30 years of experience leading all facets of marketing for Seagram, including brand management, promotion research and product innovation. Shaw pioneered direct marketing for beverage alcohol brands more than 20 years ago and served on the Board of Directors of the Direct Marketing Association for six years, representing the consumer package goods industry.
"Richard Shaw is uncompromising in his belief that great marketing communications start and end with the consumer," said Zammarchi. "That translates into great results that build brands."
Wunderman is one of the largest, most experienced global marketing services networks in the world. Built on a unified data platform and secured by an integrated marketing technology infrastructure, Wunderman delivers, direct to customers, relevant content in a creative way that motivates them to act and create ongoing relationships that last a lifetime. Since 2002, Wunderman work has been recognized with 22 Lions at the prestigious Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, including the coveted Direct Grand Prix two years in a row. In 2005, Wunderman received 434 awards and citations. Wunderman is ranked among AdWeek's top Interactive agencies. Wunderman is part of Young & Rubicam Brands and a member of the WPP Group (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit http://www.wunderman.com.
About AdMedia Partners
AdMedia Partners is a leading boutique investment bank that provides middle market mergers and acquisitions advisory services to the advertising and marketing, media, and related online and information services businesses. Founded in 1990 and located in New York City, the firm has completed over 100 transactions since 1999.
Selected advertising and marketing services transactions completed by AdMedia Partners in the last year include:
- Representing Public Strategies, a leading public affairs firm, in its acquisition by WPP.
- Representing Medical Broadcasting Company, one of the largest independent interactive healthcare agencies, in its acquisition by Digitas Inc.
- Representing Bridge Worldwide, an interactive relationship marketing agency, in its acquisition by Wunderman, a unit of WPP Group.
- Representing Dynamic Logic, the leading independent marketing research company, in its acquisition by Millward Brown, a unit of WPP Group.
- Representing Creative Domain in its merger with Trailer Park to form one of the largest providers of diverse entertainment marketing services in Hollywood. The transaction was backed by a financial commitment from Lake Capital.
- Representing the Hazelton Group, a research-based brand strategy and development consulting firm, in its acquisition by Archstone Consulting, a portfolio company of Lake Capital.
- Representing Dittus Communications, a Washington, DC based public affairs firm with legislative and regulatory expertise, in its acquisition by Financial Dynamics.
- Representing Federalist Group, a Washington, DC based government relations firm, in its acquisition by Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, a unit of WPP Group.
- Representing Taylor Rafferty, an independent global investor relations and financial communications advisor, in its sale to Xinhua Finance, China’s premier financial services and media company.