LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (PRWEB) September 20, 2006
EventMingle today announced it has been selected as the official online social networking application for the Disaster Recovery Journal’s Fall World 2006 conference which will be held at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina in San Diego, CA, September 17-20, 2006. EventMingle is an online collaboration Web application developed to allow attendees, exhibitors and speakers of this event to meet online prior to arriving at the event in order to improve face-to-face interactions once they arrive.
EventMingle has created a custom site for participants at http://www.EventMingle.com.
EventMingle will give participants the following features:
- Internal E-mail System - Attendees and exhibitors will use EventMingle's built-in e-mail system to communicate without giving either party access to their personal contact info until they're ready.
- Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory - Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current press releases, and scheduled booth events. Exhibitors can also give attendee the ability to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
- Press Center - Attendees can use the EventMingle portal to view all of the recent press releases from the Exhibiting companies.
- Advanced Search Features - Participants can search for people based on their location, title and interests. Attendees can also meet other people who plan to attend a specific conference session.
- Message Forums - The message forums allow people to discuss exhibitors, press releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
- The Daily Planner – Participants will create a detailed to-do list they can take with them to the event. EventMingle becomes attendees’ personal assistant in helping them get organized for the event prior to leaving for the airport.
“We’re very pleased to be working with DRJ. This is the World’s Largest Show Dedicated to Business Continuity. EventMingle will enable their attendees, speakers and exhibitors to meet and collaborate online prior to arriving to their Fall conference in September. We believe these disaster recovery professionals are going to arrive better prepared because they have had a chance to network and exchange ideas with their colleagues on EventMingle,” states Jim Harrer, CEO of Specialty Match Network, Inc.
“By utilizing a service like EventMingle, we hope to add value through networking opportunities for all involved in our show. It has been fairly easy to setup and manage. The EventMingle staff is very ready and available to help our disaster recovery professionals get the most out of our custom EventMingle community,” said Richard Arnold, Publisher & Editor-in-Chief, Disaster Recovery Journal.
About Disaster Recovery Journal Events
Since 1989, DRJ has hosted and sponsored the largest business continuity conferences in the industry. These seminars, held each spring and fall, attract thousands of planners from around the world. Since their inception, DRJ’s Spring and Fall World conferences have focused on all aspects of disaster recovery, contingency planning and business continuity. Attendees gain knowledge and information through sessions, workshops, exercises and networking opportunities. An exhibit hall, held in conjunction with each conference, showcases the latest trends, products and services in the industry. As the premier industry conferences, DRJ’s seminars offer education and value backed by years of experience.
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior to the event.
EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Laguna Beach, Calif. See http://www.SpecialtyMatch.com for more info.
For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980
For more info about DRJ, visit http://www.drj.com