Walnut, CA (PRWEB) September 23, 2006
Eric Bonilla, owner of premier-sport-fitness.com, gives ten proven tips to help everyone get a head start on the holiday seven -- the average amount of weight people gain during holiday season.
Ten proven fitness tips to fend off holiday weight gain:
1.Eat before the party.
Arriving at the party starving is a recipe for disaster. Make sure you have had several small meals throughout the day . This will lower your chances of overindulging at the buffet line.
2. Give yourself the gift of health, and join a fitness club. Hire a personal trainer and get great results. You will be a positive role model to your family, plus having a fit body is the best gift to give yourself.
3. Set goals! Have a picture in your mind of how you would like to look.Anytime temptation sets in think of how you will look in that new dress or pant size.
4.Be patient. Think of how long it took to get in the shape you’re in now. Think long term. Lifestyle change is the key.
5. When you shop at the mall for the holidays. Don't wait for the nearest parking space to the entrance. Park further away and burn some extra calories walking.
6. Eat small frequent meals throughout the day. This will help speed your metabolism.
7. Plan: Lack of planning is planning to fail. Prepare meals ahead of time. Have a protein and carbohydrate in every meal.
8. If you are going to drink alcohol do so in moderation. Two drink limit at the party.
9. Watch for fatty and sugar laden sauces. Opt for fat or sugar free alternatives.
10. Get outside and walk, ride a bike, jog, mountain bike, dance at the party, have a football game at grandma’s house. There is no right answer. It's about whatever you enjoy!
909 595 2670