Kissimmee, FL (PRWEB) September 27, 2006
Visitors to Orlando have a new resource for planning a holiday getaway. A new website, ChristmasInOrlando.com, offers a “one-stop shop” for information about special events, theme park activities, shopping, and worship. The site is presented by Gaylord Palms Resort, the “headquarters” of the holiday season in Central Florida.
The website’s extensive calendar of events features complete details and tips about activities held around the destination and at Orlando’s world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios. In addition, it includes information about ICE!, the popular Gaylord Palms walk-through attraction hand carved from nearly two million pounds of ice, and Best of Florida Christmas, the resort’s annual holiday celebration.
“Orlando has long been a popular destination for the holidays,” said Kemp Gallineau, Gaylord Palms Resort general manager. “For the past four years, we have found that our guests are quite creative in combining Orlando’s holiday activities with the events we host here on site. To make it easier, we’ve created this website to help our guests create a custom holiday getaway.”
ChristmasInOrlando.com includes several sections, including:
- Event Listings: A complete listing of holiday events throughout Orlando, including live stage performances (like “Nutcracker”), holiday theater (such as “Miracle on 34th Street”), parades (like the popular 26th Annual Orlando Citrus Bowl Parade), and concerts (like Marie Osmond’s Holiday Concert).
- Theme Park Events: Orlando’s theme parks get into the act with special holiday programming like “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party” at Magic Kingdom, “Candlelight Processional” at Epcot, “MACY’S Holiday Parade” at Universal Studios, and the “Makahiki Christmas Luau” at SeaWorld.
- Shopping: Users can visit one single page to get shopping hours and updates about Orlando’s most popular shopping experiences, including Mall at Millenia, The Florida Mall, and CityWalk.
- Where’s Santa?: Finding Santa in Orlando has gotten easier, thanks to this ChristmasInOrlando.com feature. Get the scoop on the Jolly Ole Fella before you visit!
- Worship: A list of churches and synagogues in Orlando to ensure visitors won’t miss religious observances of the holidays.
- Holiday Planner: A tool to help plan a holiday visit to Orlando.
- Photo Gallery: Photos of Orlando’s holiday events, including ICE! and Best of Florida Christmas.
The holiday season is the "most wonderful time of the year" to visit Central Florida, where the magic of Orlando combines with the splendor of Christmas for a heart-warming family getaway! The entire town gets into the spirit... from the airport to the hotels and attractions. ChristmasInOrlando.com is your complete resource for the Christmas holiday season in Orlando Florida, including a calendar of holiday events and theme park updates.
ChristmasInOrlando.com debuted in September, 2006. It was designed and created on behalf of Gaylord Palms Resort by Red Rocket, an award-winning Orlando advertising design corporation specializing in brand development and promotion.
Organizers of Orlando-area events can request to have their event listed by visiting http://www.christmasinorlando.com/index.php?categoryid=11&p18_action=submitevent.
About Gaylord Palms Resort
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center has gained the attention of the meeting and convention industry by providing world-class convention and leisure-focused amenities -- all in one place. The award-winning Gaylord Palms is a Gaylord Hotels-branded property owned by Gaylord Entertainment (NYSE: GET), a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com or http://www.gaylordentertainment.com.