Miami, FL (PRWEB) January 31, 2006
Users would be wrong to think they were fully protected against viruses, spyware and other malicious codes just because they installed an anti-virus or anti-spyware program. The mere installation of an anti-virus or anti-spyware program is not enough, but just the first step in protecting a computer against viruses, spyware, trojan horses and worms. Computer users must be diligent about keeping their anti-virus and anti-spyware programs always updated; and even regular updating is not enough either, considering that usually it takes hours or even days for the anti-virus and anti-spyware companies to have their programs ready to detect and neutralize any newly discovered virus and spyware, respectively. What can users do to protect their systems in these interim situations where a computer and its data are extremely vulnerable?
To the rescue comes SafeSystem 2006. This security program protects and guarantees the integrity and well functioning of a computer so it will remain healthy and stable. SafeSystem also protects critical system files from changes due to accidents, malicious manipulation, as well as the destructive action of (known or unknown) computer viruses, spyware or other malicious codes.
While SafeSystem doesn't replace an anti-virus or anti-spyware program (it doesn't identify and remove viruses, spyware, etc), it does what most all anti-virus and anti-spyware programs do not do. SafeSystem protects a computer when it is most vulnerable -- the time between anti-virus and anti-spyware updates and when unknown viruses, spyware or other malicious codes attempt to get into the computer and do harm to the system. SafeSystem is therefore the perfect complement to any anti-virus or anti-spyware program, and a must have to keep the systems safe and secure.
Other advantages of using SafeSystem include:
- It will keep important (system or personal) files from being deleted, renamed or altered, either by accident or due to a careless user.
- Files critical to system operation will always be safe and will not be replaced by older versions.
- It will apply important security-related tweaks for controlling user access to key Windows components, such as Control Panel, Desktop and Explorer, Network, Start Menu and Taskbar, Login and Authentication, and so on.
- All installed devices in the system will work correctly because its drivers will not be removed or replaced.
- No files will be copied from/to floppy disks and external or removable drives (e.g., Flash Memory, Flash Drives, USB Pen Drive, etc) without permission.
- No new programs will be freely installed in the system.
- No new programs will be freely downloaded from Internet.
- It is able to make files and folders truly invisible to all applications, no matter what file system (FAT, FAT32 or NTFS) the drive is formatted in.
SafeSystem is compatible with all 32-bit Windows versions (Windows 9x/Me/NT4/2000/XP/Server 2003).
SafeSystem is primarily of interest to private computer users with an Internet connection, small to medium companies, independent PCs with especially sensitive data and stand-alone systems. In high security offices, this program could easily be considered a must, as the concern for security is very high in such areas as law enforcement, the practice of law, or any other highly secure operation where the privacy of personal information may be driven by prescriptive legal requirements.
Also, because of the very nature of the security features in this program, it will definitely have important use in corporate environments and educational institutions. This program can be easily installed and set up by IS management in such a manner as to offer the organization the necessary protection against user tampering with system files. This will help hold down their total cost of ownership of the protected computers by not having to send IS technical support to fix damaged machines.
A free fully-functional trial version of SafeSystem 2006 is available at http://www.gemiscorp.com/english/safesystem/info.html. The product is priced at US$14.95 and can be purchased online in a safe, secure online environment.
About GemiScorp Software Solutions,
GemiScorp provides innovative and quality software solutions for home and corporate users demanding reliable, user friendly and well-supported security and productivity products. GemiScorp has already released four award-winning programs: SafeLogon, SafeSystem, SafeCryptor and LaunchIt NOW! Plus.