Elmhurst, Ill. (PRWEB) October 2, 2006
Ambir Technology, Inc., http://www.ambir.com, a manufacturer and marketer of scanners, electronic signature pads and digital imaging software solutions, today announces its scanners bundled with RemoteScan® software deliver compatibility with Citrix scanning and Terminal Services scanning. These bundled offerings provide thin client scanning capabilities and are the first of their kind in the market.
“Our new bundled solution solves a great need in the marketplace, particularly in healthcare and banking, where front line service employees are frequently equipped with thin client workstations,” said Al Ingallinera, Ambir Technology vice president, sales and marketing. “In the past, using a scanner within a thin client environment was not possible.
“With the Ambir thin client scanner solution, front line service staff using thin clients can cost-effectively scan images of customer documents directly into software applications running on the server – for example a practice management system within the healthcare arena, or a CORE banking system – resulting in reduced data entry errors and an accelerated customer service process. ”
Installed on a Citrix Systems, Inc.® Citrix or Windows® Terminal Services Server, RemoteScan, by RemoteScan Corp.®, renders all Ambir sheet-fed, card, passport and ADF scanners compatible for Thin client scanning. This first-ever functionality is particularly beneficial in the healthcare, banking, retail, government and customer service industries, where there is a high concentration of cost-effective Thin clients deployed for use by front line staff.
Users easily can scan directly from their thin clients without compromising network security in any way and without having to establish shared folders or directories because RemoteScan uses RDP (remote desktop protocol) and ICA (independent computing architecture) protocols for total, secure integration within Citrix and Terminal Services environments.
- Enables scanning from XPe thin clients and works well with Neoware and Wyse thin client appliances.
- Lossless compression –Use Ambir scanners to scan into hosted applications that are running on servers at distant locations with no discernable bandwidth congestion. RemoteScan uses highly efficient, lossless compression for transmitting data, and does not appreciably slow down overall network traffic.
- Customizable look and feel that can restrict users scanning choices – Use the RemoteScan interface to ‘lock-down’ scanner settings, even among different models of Ambir scanners. This forces scanning area, DPI resolution and color settings to be consistent, streamlining workflow of such things as insurance card scanning into patient record systems.
- Works over LAN, Wireless, WAN and Internet networks.
- No noticeable increase in scanning time even over a network.
- Fast, easy download of RemoteScan on each thin client can be done by any office worker.
Pricing and Availability
Available now, a single-user license of RemoteScan from Ambir Technology costs $149.95. RemoteScan needs to be installed on each thin client appliance where Ambir scanners are directly attached. Ambir scanners bundled with RemoteScan range from $299.95 to $499.95. All Ambir scanners are backed by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. For more information, visit http://www.ambir.com. For technical support, call 1-630-530-5400 ext 104.
About Ambir Technology
Founded in 2000, Ambir Technology is a privately-held manufacturer and marketer of scanners, electronic signature pads and digital imaging software solutions for the quick digital capture of documents, IDs, photos and other printed materials. Ambir products are designed to maximize workflow, increase productivity and improve data security while saving time and reducing costs. The company strives to consistently bring the highest quality in innovative new products to market. Beyond its product quality, Ambir is distinguished by its commitment to partnering with solution providers, developers and end users to deliver the best solution to meet each customer's unique digital capture needs.
About RemoteScan Corporation
RemoteScan Corporation is the recognized leader in networking software for scanners and imaging devices. RemoteScan® software is used by thousands of medical and financial organizations throughout the world. Their web site is http://www.remote-scan.com
Ambir Technology, RemoteScan Corp., RemoteScan, Citrix Systems, Inc., Citrix, Windows and Terminal Services are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.