Windham, NH (PRWEB) October 4, 2006
With more than 21 billion digital images expected to be captured in 2006*, it's no secret that women are keenly interested in preserving memories. But many women have a problem figuring out what to do once they have these digital images. They may consider digital scrapbooking projects, but wind up feeling overwhelmed and intimidated when learning to tackle complicated graphic editing software.
That's just how Susan White felt. She was frustrated after spending hours trying to complete simple photo editing with more advanced graphics software. She just wanted something simple and easy – click, click, done. She consulted with some friends for the ultimate "wish list", and took her frustrations to software developer Steve Simonoff and his team. Together they came up with a digital scrapbooking and photo management software that eliminated the typical learning curve. The result -- FxFoto by Triscape.
Available in three editions – Deluxe, Creative, and Media -- this multi-faceted program allows users to easily handle their photo collection, and at the same time preserve their memories in a creative way. Even self-proclaimed "computer dummies" can quickly and easily sort, organize, scrapbook, and showcase their photos, with push-button ease.
"We figured if I could use this software, anyone could," comments White. "Steve and his team were really interested in what would make their software more user-friendly. Once we discovered digital scrapbooking, they wanted to go a step further and make the program 'scrapbooker-friendly'. The team has been great about trying to understand this scrapbooking obsession -- though I still can't get them to stop calling embellishments 'clipart'!"
Triscape Inc. recently released FxFoto Creative 4.0, the latest version of their award-winning software. Over 60 improvements and additions are included in FxFoto 4.0.
- "Skinny" Filter makes selected vertical section thinner (in just five clicks)
- "Snapshot" frame effect shows a white border and shadow (three clicks)
- New support for non-Latin characters (like dingbats)
- Additional crop shapes now available, such as "Stamp" and "Tabbed File Cards" (four clicks)
- New Stamp Brush tool with Stutter stokes, optional offset and angle Jitter
- "Translucent Brush" tool allows partial transparency strokes
- Drag-and-drop photo and text to make customized scrapbooking collages – you decide how many photos and how big they will be.
- "Get Color at Picture Click Point" with the Color brush tool (three clicks)
- "Glue" groups of images and text together so you can move, resize and rotate them together. Save Glue Groups and add them back to scrapbooking collages as one step.
- Install an unzipped digital scrapbooking kit directly into FxFoto without unzipping it (five clicks)
- Add shadows quickly and easily with just a right click. Feather shadows for a scrapbooking realistic effect
- Spell-check is now available, with a choice of British or American English
Users of previous versions of FxFoto Creative can upgrade to the new 4.0 version with a free downloadable file available at http://fxfoto.com/fxdownload.htm. New customers can purchase a downloadable version ($39.95) at http://www.fxfoto.com/sales.htm, or receive the software on CD-Rom for an additional shipping charge ($39.95+$5.99).
Visit the FxFoto website to view the handy digital scrapbooking tutorials available at http://fxfoto.com/fxtutorials.htm. The tutorials include either video demonstrations or screenshots from the software and step-by-step instructions. White offers digital scrapbooking tips and project ideas on her blog, Scrappin' Without Scraps, at http://susanwhite.typepad.com/.
Triscape, Inc. was founded in 1997 by Steve Simonoff and is located in Windham, New Hampshire, 35 miles north of Boston. The company is privately held and specializes in graphics software.
- Source: Photo Industry 2006: Review and Forecast, PMA Marketing Research (http://snipurl.com/digi_images2006)
Note to Editors: Review copies of the FxFoto Creative digital scrapbooking software are available to members of the media upon request.