(PRWEB) October 5, 2006
Symbios Group Ltd (“Symbios”), a developer of enabling software for content to mobile phones, has today officially launched a revolutionary new service called “3Bill” that will enable companies to deliver both passive and interactive marketing campaigns to mobile phones for a fraction of the costs they are likely to be currently paying.
This service offers five major advantages:
*Very low cost
*Maximum revenue from premium text messages
*Allows company to set up and to run its own full campaign in a matter of minutes
*The ability to upload images or sound files either singly or in bulk
*All data captured is owned by the company running the campaign
3Bill is a simple to use platform that anyone can learn to use in under 30 minutes. It allows any business to set up on its own a marketing campaign to mobile phones in a matter of minutes through the use of plug and play software that 3Bill will install. In its simplest format it will, through a simple series of guided instructions, enable the user to enter in the text of the message to be sent to the mobile in a passive or interactive campaign. It is ideally designed to link in with other above and below the line marketing campaigns, for example where there may be an invitation on a press or poster advertisement to dial a short code and simple text message to enter a competition, vote or product promotion.
The service is operated from a 3Bill server and will allow for a campaign to be run from inception to completion without the use of any third parties. In essence the user can:
1. Upload content to create a library of, for example, images, sound recordings and music tracks and convert them automatically into a format that can be downloaded onto a mobile. This information will be held on the user’s own private file on the 3Bill server which can then be selected to use in any campaign. The service will also allow approved third parties to access the content for their own use and 3Bill will manage access fees and all related billing.
2. Select and set up the type of campaign or service to be run including voting, polling, competitions, donations or content led services that include full music track and video downloads.
3. Select and run the tariff for any premium text message services from 25p to £5.00
4. Generate revenue by taking payment of premium rate messages directly from the mobile phone aggregator as per the agreed tariff. The service provides real time accurate monitoring and analysis of all revenues being generated by a campaign.
5. Develop a customer retention strategy by providing detailed data analysis of all responses received including the mobile number, time received and the mobile network used. This information can then be used as a CRM tool for developing future campaigns.
3Bill operates a tiered payment structure to suit different types of user. The service starts with a £275.00 set up fee and £200.00 per month rental using a plug and play installation through to the full purchase of its own server and wholly owned service. The latter may appeal to a major FMCG brand wishing to run a series of ongoing and major mobile marketing campaigns. A package has also been designed for marketing agencies that allows them to integrate a mobile marketing platform into the range of services they offer their clients.
Furthermore, the 3Bill technology can also be licensed for co-development in territories other than the UK.
The applications that 3Bill can be applied to are extremely broad and include for example:
- The ability to download a video clip, music track or ringtone for a set price.Text a shortcode plus keyword (eg; film) to receive a link directly to the handset.
- To vote on a competition. For example, to win a Mini answer a question with multiple choice answers. Text shortcode and keyword (eg; win mini) to enter.
- To poll a particular issue. For example, who do you think will win the next by-election. Text shortcode and 1, 2 or 3 for Labour, Conservative or LibDem.
- To make a donation to a charity. For example, a TV programme may be running a charity donation line by texting a shortcode followed by a key word (eg; donation) for a charge of say £1.50 of which a large percentage will be donated to the specified charity.
- To take up a free offer or promotion. For example for a free magazine this month text shortcode plus keyword (eg; free mag) to receive a token number which can then be entered on line with name and address to receive the magazine.
For case histories see end of press release.
Commenting on this development, Martin Montague, CEO of Symbios said:
“We believe that 3Bill will lead the way in mobile marketing messaging to allow companies to engage their customers in a very simple to use, highly cost effective and targeted manner. Put simply 3Bill is a one stop shop for anyone wishing to run a mobile marketing campaign.
“Having taken two and a half years to develop and test we are now ready with a product which is the simplest solution available any where in the world. It is a totally flexible service that has been designed to appeal to businesses from the smallest to the largest wanting to run campaigns at a regional, national or international level”.
Notes to editors
1. Symbios Group Ltd is a software company which provides content for the internet and mobile phone platforms and develops enabling software for content delivery to mobile phones.
2. The Company currently operates the UK’s largest niche dating internet service under the Heaven Network banner, with over 600,000 existing members.
3. The Company was founded in 2000, is based in Fareham, Hants and employs 20 people.
A number of companies have participated in early sign ups to 3Bill, two of which have run the following campaigns:
DIRTY DANCING – The stage show
3Bill is being used to target the interest of West end Theatre fans by providing promotional content to mobile handsets to support the forthcoming theatre production of the movie Dirty Dancing. The marketing campaign involves a reference to a mobile short code to dial on a Radio, Taxi advertising and poster campaign to receive a ringtone of the theme tune to the show or wallpapers. The campaign will be extended to tie in with a third party consumer brand which will offer further marketing initiatives on mobile phones using “on pack” offers as the show nears opening in October 2006.
3Bill is working with Clinic Shop to offer product samples to consumers. An invitation to dial a shortcode number via a mobile phone was incorporated into an advertising campaign in the Mail on Sunday which in addition to the shortcode required the participant to text details of their address and house number. Text messages sent in were charged at £1.50 in return for which participants in the promotion were sent a sample pack that contained slimming aid patches, company information and a limited trial offer. The campaign and mailing was wholly managed by Clinic Shop using the 3Bill plug and play software which enabled all the address details to be captured. Clinic Shop experienced a 65% uptake on sales during the month of the promotion.
For further information please contact:
Symbios Group Limited
Sales and Marketing Director
Tel: 0870 4781517
Mobile: 07789 206649
(PR for Symbios)
Tel: 01483 535102
Mobile: 0797 9900733