Indianapolis, IN (PRWEB) October 7, 2006
The Musical Family Tree 2nd Annual Festival will be held this October 20th and 21st in the Fountain Square community of Indianapolis, Indiana. The Festival features bands from the Indiana-based Website http://www.musicalfamilytree.com.
The site, which is run by Jeb Banner and Joe Downey of Indianapolis, is a forum to allow Indiana based bands and their fans to have easy and free access to 1000s of MP3s, band’s history and information about upcoming events.
"My theory," says Banner "is that the majority of great music created at least in the United States originates from people in the Midwest They may have relocated to New York or whatever, but my experience is that most great bands have something of a Midwest connection. I know it's not completely true, but it's surprisingly accurate."
This year the festival will feature up and coming bands who transcend traditional genres in favor of developing a unique sound and identity in music. The showcases will span the musical paradigm fusing different parts rock, pop, country, soul, and a compelling sort of quiet approach virtually invisible to mainstream music. Musical Family Tree is proud to have a role in establishing new forms of music and to bring them into the mainstream.
The MFT Festival also provides an opportunity for these newer bands to share a bill with some of the best songwriters to come out of Indiana in the post punk generation including John P. Strohm (the reunited Velo Deluxe), Dale Lawrence (in a rare acoustic performance), Otis Gibbs, Kenny Childers (Gentleman Caller), and Derek Richey (Brando).
Below is the entire lineup with venues and times. Please contact PJ Christie at 317-258-7818 for more information. Interviews with musicians can be set up by request.
Preview music from these acts at http://www.musicalfamilytree.com
Big Car Friday 10/20 6-9 p.m. 1043 Virginia Ave. Ste. 215, Murphy Arts Center, Indianapolis, IN (individual times TBA)
- I Don't So Now I Do (perfect melodic ambient space rock from Bloomington and Indy)
- Arrah and the Ferns (beautiful songs against perfectly simple arrangements from Indy)
- Otis Gibbs (true folk music with an international following from Indy)
- Mike Pancini (eccentric and infectious bedroom pop from northern Indiana)
- Burr Settles (brilliant rock songs crossed with some country from Madison, WI)
- Norman Oak (mystical singer/songerwriter, our own Marc Bolan. Bloomington, IN)
Radio Radio Friday 10/20 9pm 1119 East Prospect Street, Indianapolis, IN
- The Society 9pm (solid rock and roll outfit from Indy)
- The Fervor 9:45pm (impressive and infectious female led rock from Louisville, KY)
- Abner Trio 10:30pm (great songs with perfect playing from Indy)
- Spitshine 11:15pm (the perfect bar band that plays their own standards from Muncie, IN)
- Everthus.the.deadbeats midnight (amazing and unlike anything you have heard, somewhere between Tom Waits and Pink Floyd from Muncie and Indy)
- Born Again Floozies 1am (a tap dancer as a musical instrument? Yes, and great party songs too! From Indy)
Big Car Saturday 10/21 6pm-9pm 1043 Virginia Ave. Ste. 215, Murphy Arts Center, Indianapolis, IN (individual times TBA)
- The Innate (genius wrapped in a 6'6" rapper. From Indy)
- Faith Kleppinger (dark and beautiful songs and voice. Bloomington ex-pat living in NY)
- The Sheds (theme driven bedroom rock wonder duo from Kentucky)
- Dale Lawrence (the reason there is a music scene in Indianapolis)
- Amy Lashley (perfect voice singing perfect songs from Indy)
Radio Radio Saturday 10/21 9pm 1119 East Prospect Street, Indianapolis, IN
- Deep Cricket Night 9:00pm (anti-rock has never sounded so good. from Chicago featuring Indiana ex-pats)
- Door Keys 9:45pm (the next great Bloomington band. In the tradition of Intro To Airlift)
- The Delicious 10:30pm (rock music that makes you excited about rock music. From Bloomington)
- Carter Administration 11:15pm (3 piece pop perfection from Nashville, TN)
- Gentleman Caller Midnight (heavy and beautiful songs that gain weight with each listen from Bloomington and Indy)
- Velo Deluxe 12:45am (legendary Bloomington band featuring John Strohm, Kenny Childers and Mitch Harris playing a one off reunion show)
- Brando 1:45am (all hail genius recluse Derek Richey. From Bloomington and Indy)
playlist for mftshowcase http://www.musicalfamilytree.com/mftusers/mft-showcase
playlist for mftfestival http://www.musicalfamilytree.com/mftusers/mft-festival