Chicago Ridge, IL (PRWEB) October 9, 2006
In response to families who are looking for healthy, natural ways to raise their children - and also positively impact their communities and the planet - the Naturally Healthy Children’s Expo will debut October 5-7, 2007, at Chicago’s Navy Pier. Naturally Healthy Children’s Expo will feature exhibitors, celebrity chefs, and respected experts all focused on the importance of raising children in a balanced, holistic way.
“Parents and caregivers - moms, dads, grandparents - are faced with an array of confusing choices,” said Mary Beth Rebedeau, of the NHC Staff. “Parents wonder about alternative/supplemental/natural treatments for childhood illnesses and disease. They want to create a healthier home. They look for wholesome, positive family projects like recycling and organic gardening, and they want to know about alternatives to traditional energy for their homes and vehicles. How can families stay healthy with holistic medicine, yoga, and other exercises?” She continued. “Chicago is consistently rated as one of the greenest cities in the world. Due to extensive local media coverage, green issues are top of mind for many Chicagoland families, and so we look forward to assembling hundreds of resources for these families at Navy Pier next October 5-7.”
Suppliers of wholesome, natural products and services will be available for discussion and demonstration on the exhibit floor. Four activity stages will feature panel presentations, healthy cooking demonstrations, and exercise, reading, and age appropriate activities. Throughout the week-end, families will be able to exchange information, learn about, and enjoy -
- organic, locally grown food without chemicals, dyes, preservatives or refined sugar
- the benefits of sustainable living practices
- organic gardening including natural lawn care and respect for wildlife
- yoga, dance, massage, meditation, tai chi and other beneficial, fun fitness and bodywork for kids and families
- breast feeding, fertility issues, and pregnancy wellness
- non-toxic personal care products
- cleaning products made without harmful chemicals
- building materials made with sustainable products and natural ingredients and feng shui in home design
- holistic medicine exploring alternative, integrative, and supplemental medical treatments for many childhood maladies including ADD and ADHD
- alternative eco conscious energy sources like solar power and hybrid cars
- holistic veterinary pet care
- socially responsible investing
- holistic dentistry
- and entertainment for all age groups.
Friday, October 5 is Field Trip Day, and K-6 graders from the Chicagoland area will enjoy special presentations focused on exercise, healthy eating, ecology, reading, gardening, animals, and other special activities on the exhibit floor and at the stages.
Naturally Healthy Children’s Expo organizers recognize the valuable natural parenting message and the importance of sharing wholesome products and services with a wider audience, and so Naturally Healthy Children’s Expo will grow to include San Francisco and Seattle in the spring of 2008.