Palm Desert, CA (PRWEB) October 7, 2006
It’s Just Lunch has compiled 5 tips to help singles get past the first date and arrange a second date. Choosing a date location that is comfortable for both singles is critical, and communication is also key. By remaining honest with your date, you will also increase your odds for a second rendezvous.
“Many singles feel more anxiety about the second date than they felt on the first,” said Alana Beyer, Vice President of It’s Just Lunch. “The stakes have been raised because you like this person and there is a fear of whether or not the second date will work out. It’s important not to get ahead of yourself, after all it’s just a second date, not an opportunity to determine whether he or she is the one.”
It’s Just Lunch would like to offer the following second date tips…
1. Choose a place you feel comfortable and one that suits both your tastes
2. Ask questions and listen carefully – 38% of singles say one of the most important things they notice on a first date is whether their date asked questions about themselves.
3. Let them see the real you, now is the time to drop the façade and share your opinions and interests – 46% of single say that not having common interests is a deal breaker, it’s better to know sooner than later if you have anything in common.
4. Share yourself, express opinions, desires and goals – 49% of singles say that having common values and goals is the top reason a relationship works in the long term.
5. At the end of the date, don’t make false promises about what comes next if you are not interested in taking the relationship further – 40% of singles have told their date they would call them to go out again but never did. Be honest, there’s no reason to be rude to someone you barely know.
It’s Just Lunch recommends going on at least three dates before making your mind up about not seeing someone again. Sometimes it takes a few meetings before the chemistry kicks in. In the end, trust your instincts and have fun!
About It’s Just Lunch
Since It’s Just Lunch was founded in 1991, the company has arranged millions of fun, first date lunches or drinks after work—an atmosphere where singles can feel comfortable with the process of meeting a new person. With over 90 locations worldwide, each day IJL arranges hundreds of fun, first dates over lunch or drinks after work at over 1,500 restaurants. With many introductions leading to second dates, It’s Just Lunch is the world’s leading first date authority.
The U.S. dating industry is estimated at nearly $1.5 billion, and growing at 25% annually, with 110 million single adults in the United States alone.
For additional information, log on to http://www.ItsJustLunch.com.