Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) October 12, 2006
xchange magazine announced today the Best of WiMAX World Awards, recognizing leaders in the development and deployment of WiMAX technologies. xchange (Booth 60) was tapped by Trendsmedia, producer of WiMAX World USA Conference & Expo, to sponsor and administer the awards program. Nominations were open to exhibitors and sponsors of the conference, held this week in Boston. More than 40 nominations were received between Aug. 21 and Sept. 15.
The winners will be announced during the WiMAX World Conference Introduction at 8:50 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 11, at the Boston World Trade Center by Eliot Weinman, Conference Co-Chair and President of Trendsmedia. The winners will also be publicized in the WiMAX World Show Daily as well as the December issue of xchange magazine. The winners also will be posted on the WiMAX World, WiMAX Trends and xchange Web sites.
The winners included:
- Industry Innovation: Motorola’s WiMAX Distributed Network Architecture
- Systems Design: ADAPTIX’s BX-3000 Base Stations
- Chip Design: Comsys’ ComMAX
- Commercial Application/Deployment – Equipment Vendor: Alvarion Ltd.’s BreezeMAX Si
- Commercial Application/Deployment – Service Provider: WiMAX Telecom AG
- Device/Peripheral/Application Software: ZyXEL Communications’ MAX-100/200 Mobile WiMAX CPE
The runners-up included:
- Industry Innovation: InfiNet Wireless’ SkyMAN NG
- Systems Design: Telsima Corp.’s StarMAX 6400
- Chip Design: picoChip Designs Ltd.’s PC202
- Commercial Application/Deployment – Equipment Vendor: VCom Inc.’s Broadband Wireless Internet Network
- Commercial Application/Deployment – Service Provider: TowerStream
- Device/Peripheral/Application Software: Redline Communications’ RedMAX Management Suite
The winners were selected by an independent judging panel, including Charles Wu, principal, CWLab; Craig Mathias, principal, Farpoint Group; Will Strauss, principal analyst, Forward Concepts; Adlane Fellah, CEO and founder, Maravedis Inc.; Carolyn Gabriel, lead research analyst, Rethink Research; Berge Ayvazian, chief strategy officer, Yankee Group; and representatives from xchange and Trendsmedia.
“xchange offers its congratulations to the winners. Given the terrific response during the nomination process as well as the caliber of the members of the selection committee, all of the winners should be proud to be recognized as leaders in the WiMAX community,” said Mike Saxby, xchange Group Publisher.
Weinman said, “I am pleased to announce the 2006 WiMAX World Award Winners. The awards were chosen based on a careful evaluation and analysis by a group of six independent WiMAX thought leaders who on the WiMAX World advisory board. On behalf of WiMAX World and xchange magazine, we congratulate each of the winners."
WiMAX World Conference & Expo http://www.wimaxworld.com
Farpoint Group http://www.farpointgroup.com
Forward Concepts http://www.forwardconcepts.com
Maravedis Inc. http://www.maravedis-bwa.com
Rethink Research http://www.rethinkresearch.biz
Yankee Group http://www.yankeegroup.com
# # #