Flushing, NY (PRWEB) October 11, 2006
The Mets are -170 against the Cardinals in Game #1 and are -200 to win the NLCS and are a very hot commodity, according to the experts at http://www.sportsgambling.com.
The New York Mets are coming off an easy series win against the Los Angeles Dodgers while the St. Louis Cardinals took out the San Diego Padres. Here are some trends that sportsgambling.com players say support New York.
- Mets are 4-1 in their last 5 League Championship home games.
- Mets are 4-1 in their last 5 League Championship games.
- Mets are 9-3 in their last 12 playoff home games.
The Mets are led by playoff veteran pitcher Tom Glavine who has made a start in each NLCS played from 1991-99 and has made eight World Series starts. During his previous 15 starts in the NLCS, Glavine is 5-9 with a 3.31 ERA. But that ERA is a bit deceiving. During Game 6 of the 1992 NLCS against the Pirates, he lasted one inning and allowed eight earned runs. During Game 6 in 1997, he allowed the Marlins seven earned runs in just five innings. Take away those two appearances -- both of which came on short rest -- and Glavine is 5-7 with a 1.97 ERA in his other 13 NLCS starts. Mets manager Willie Randolph said that Glavine is a big money pitcher.
The Mets were 4-2 against St. Louis this season, sweeping the three-game series at Shea Stadium. Here are some trends that point against the Cardinals
- Cardinals are 1-4 in their last 5 League Championship games.
- Cardinals are 1-4 in their last 5 during game 1 of a series.
- Cardinals are 3-13 in their last 16 road games vs. a left-handed starter.
- Cardinals are 1-7 in their last 8 League Championship road games.
- Cardinals are 1-7 in their last 8 games as an underdog of +151 to +200.
For more information and a complete list of odds, please visit http://www.sportsgambling.com.
SportsGambling is one of the industry's top sportsbook and casino gaming web sites, with the goal of being the best in gaming entertainment worldwide. In business for more than seven years, SportsGambling.com is backed by an expert team that guarantees safety and security.
SportsGambling.com offers all you need for non-stop continuous gaming action. They have the widest selection of sports and casino games, with a variety of betting options to choose from. Add in favorable wagering rules, the best odds, live lines, year-round promotions and fast payouts when you win, and you'll quickly realize why SportsGambling is a top sportsbook.