Pretoria, South Africa (PRWEB) October 17, 2006 -–
SurfStats Software today announced critical enhancements in media server reporting in its SurfStats Website Traffic Analyzer Enterprise Edition. The improvements give users of the product additional information on visitor behaviour and media accessed.
Says Development Manager Leon Calitz, "Support for streaming media logs have been available since SurfStats Website Analyzer version 7.0 (previously known as SurfStats Log Analyzer), although the reports lacked in detail. The new analysis module uses all possible information logged to provide possibly the best available statistics offered by a media log analyzer."
Key metrics and features that have been added include:
- Average viewing time per clip, which is useful in determining clip popularity;
- Clips viewed per authenticated user, allowing media providers selling media content to cross-reference data from their media billing system with the media server log data in case of customer enquiries.
- Better media player identification, allowing media providers to optimize content based on player popularity.
- Detail Bandwidth usage which can be used for billing purposes.
- Branding reports for the media supplier.
- Click navigation per page – See at a glance on which clips visitors requested and see the trend over time.
- Improved error reporting to identify clips causing problems.
- The relatively new Windows Media Server 9 logging format is now supported.
- Reports can be generated, uploaded to a web page and/or exported to other formats.
A free, fully functional 30-day trial version of the software is available for downloading from the corporate web site at http://www.surfstats.com
Price: US$995 for a SurfStats Website Traffic Analyzer Enterprise Edition license
Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP. Pentium Processor, 128MB RAM, 50MB Hard Drive Space. The operating system used and log file size may affect the minimum hardware requirements.
SurfStats Software also develops fast and effective website statistics analysis applications for Hosts, ISP’s, businesses and individuals. Well-known titles from the company include the SurfStatsLive Real-Time Reporting Service and SurfStats Website Traffic Analyzer.