Montreal, Quebec (PRWEB) October 16, 2006
Ryma Technology Solutions Inc., the leading provider of product management solutions for the software industry and co-sponsor of the community blog The Product Management View, today announced the next in a series of ongoing Webinars entitled ‘Market Research Techniques that Enable Better Marketing and Business Decisions.’ Guest speakers Milton Ellis, Vice President & Sr. Consultant, and Joe Porus, Chief Architect at Harris Interactive, will address the Predictive Segmentation, Strategic Cube, and VISTA™ techniques of market research, techniques that enable organizations to make fact-based marketing and business decisions based on reliable market research. The Webinar is scheduled for Wednesday October 18 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
In this Webinar, Milton and Joe will address:
- Predictive Segmentation, which uses an approach that considers customer/client attitudes; past, current and intended behavior, and current and future needs to predict how well a company will perform relative to its key competitors in current and emerging markets.
- Strategic cubic, a powerful analytical tool that can be used to evaluate various aspects of a product or service directly against its competitors. The motivating power of each attribute/benefit combined with the ratings for the company and the competitor helps identify the most promising positioning and strategic opportunities.
- VISTA™ (Values in Strategy Assessment), a specialized research technique that focuses on identifying the consumer “values” (or emotional motivations) linked to specific personal decisions. VISTA research lets you know what matters to the people you are trying to reach, and tells you why your product or service is relevant to the marketplace.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- A segmentation approach that truly differentiates your competitive advantages and challenges in current and emerging markets.
- How to create a blueprint for action along each of your competitive fronts to maximize your strengths and mitigate your weaknesses.
- A way to identify the underlying values that are motivating your customer’s purchase beyond features and benefits. Have you ever wondered why you lose sales when you clearly have the best performance and price?
More details on the content of the presentation can be found at http://www.featureplan.com/community/2006/07/market_research_techniques_tha.asp
“We are extremely excited to have two such qualified individuals lead our product management community in a discussion on market research,” said Russell Foy, VP of Sales and Marketing at Ryma Technology Solutions, co-sponsor of the Product Management View blog and webinar series. “Market research is such an integral part of product management. We believe that it’s the key to developing successful products; and by ‘successful,’ I mean products that the market needs and wants. We are looking forward to learning from these experts.”
Joe Porus joined Harris Interactive in 2001 and is responsible for overseeing the technical analysis and adding industry knowledge/insights for all Telecom accounts. In his role as Chief Architect, he works directly with the sales team, methodologists and researchers to deliver high octane results and recommendations. Joe has over 23 years of experience in Telecom and Market Research. He began as a System Engineer – PBX and held a variety of technical positions with AT&T and Bell Labs (in Microelectronics, Data Systems and Consumer Products.) Joe holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering and a MS in Telecommunications Technology from the University of Chicago (AT&T Honors Program). He has spoken at numerous Research Seminars and Symposiums.
Milton Ellis joined Harris Interactive in 2004 and is responsible for providing industry knowledge, insight and technical analysis for technology clients. In his role as Vice President & Sr. Consultant, he works directly with the customer, sales team, methodologists, and researchers to ensure delivery of high quality results and actionable recommendations that enable clients to achieve their strategy goals or initiatives. Milton has over 25 years experience in IT technologies and market research. He began his career as an engineer designing and developing computer interface cards and software for in-house projects at Bell Telephone Labs. Milton holds an MBA from Pepperdine University and a BS in Electronics Engineering Technology from DeVry University.
Registration is required to attend this Webinar and to sign up for future presentations. Visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/115295037 and submit your name and email address. Weekly email reminders of the upcoming Webinars will be sent to all registrants, along with information on how and when to login.
Ryma Technology Solutions’ Product Management View Webinars are broadcast every Wednesday at 12:00 noon EST (-5 GMT). There is no charge to attend.
About Ryma Technology Solutions
Ryma Technology Solutions is company that delivers requirements management solutions for the software product management community through its flagship product, FeaturePlan™. FeaturePlan is based on the industry-standard product management framework from Pragmatic Marketing® and uses a best practices approach to collect and organize market inputs for product management and strategic innovation. FeaturePlan is used worldwide by leading organizations such as Reuters, Autodesk and Trend Micro to gather and analyze market requirements, instantly generate fact-based documents and roadmaps, and support strategic business-critical decisions throughout the enterprise. For more information, please visit http://www.featureplan.com.
About The Product Management View
The Product Management View is run by a community of product managers driven by the belief that there is a better way to build a world-class product management organization. It is sponsored by Ryma Technology Solutions (http://www.featureplan.com), Pragmatic Marketing® (http://www.pragmaticmarketing.com), and the Software Marketing Perspectives Conference (http://www.smpevent.com). The blog has a variety of contributors from various industries and backgrounds, representing several product management associations and organizations. In it, the contributors write about software product management topics, news and issues relevant to the industry. The Product Management View keeps a schedule archived and upcoming product management webinars available at no charge, given by industry leaders on product management and marketing topics.