Chapel Hill, NC (PRWEB) October 18, 2006
More than 300 World Tavern Poker players from across the country will converge in Las Vegas for 4 days of poker, parties, and prizes at the 3rd World Tavern Poker Open held October 20 -- 23 at Binion's Hotel and Casino, the famous birthplace of the World Series of Poker.
Heralded as the "World's Best Poker Party" here are some highlights of the sold out event:
Unique (if not crazy) free contests for attendees at two private parties:
- Helicopter into the Grand Canyon - One World Tavern Poker player will get into a helicopter with Mike Matsinger, founder of World Tavern Poker, to play Heads Up for $1,000 in the Grand Canyon.
- "River Madness" -- A contest invented by the World Tavern Poker team that involves eight finalists attempting to build the best Texas Hold 'Em hand in a unique format. The details won't be revealed until the Opening Celebration, but the contest involves a "World Tavern Poker Swim Team" and a lot of cheering from the crowd at the party.
- Team Texas Hold 'Em-- Players at the parties frenetically try to make a winning hand.
- Other great prizes & give-aways throughout both parties.
- 2 Free Tournaments for World Tavern Poker National Qualifiers
- Winners earn a $2,000 seat into the 2007 World Series of Poker.
- More than 8 cash tournaments with buy-ins ranging from $75 to $200 will be hosted by Binion's, the most historic poker room in the world. World Tavern Poker players will sit at the same tables that Doyle Brunson, Amarillo Slim, Johnny Chan and hundreds of other poker legends made famous. Beside the cash payout, every tournament winner will receive a trophy. And not all the tournaments are traditional, a few examples:
- Heads-Up tournament -- 32 players in a bracket vying for over $3,000.
- Women's tournament -- Ladies only.
- Speed poker tournament -- Only 15 seconds to play your cards.
- Bloody Mary Tournament -- On the last morning of the Open.
- World Tavern Poker is supporting downtown Las Vegas by hosting a pub crawl on Saturday night.
- World Tavern Poker "Playground" -- Six tables will be open all weekend exclusively for World Tavern Poker players to enjoy any game they want: Sit 'n Go, $1 - $2 No Limit, Omaha, $2 - $4 Limit, Horse, Stud, Hi-Lo. You name it, they might play it.
- Every World Tavern Poker Open attendee will receive a duffle bag filled with a commemorative tee shirt, card marker, and many other wonderful gifts.
- Main sponsors of the event include Chaser Plus, a hangover prevention supplement, SoBe Adrenaline Rush, an energy drink and Bluff, a poker magazine.
About World Tavern Poker
World Tavern Poker is the #1 bar poker league in the United States. World Tavern Poker has more than 50,000 registered poker players. For FREE, players compete in Live Texas Hold 'Em tournaments in bars and restaurants in their own neighborhood. World Tavern Poker is NOT GAMBLING because there is never a buy-in to play in the league. From Florida to Alaska and Canada to Spain, over 250 bars and restaurants are part of the World Tavern Poker. Players compete for points and weekly prizes and the chance to advance to the Tavern, Regional and National Championship. Four times a year, a World Tavern Poker National Champion wins a seat into a World Series of Poker event.
Players love World Tavern Poker because without risking money they get the feel of real poker tournaments, improve their poker playing, and can win great prizes. World Tavern Poker players are a devout poker playing community where friendships are formed and laughter is shared over a beer at a local tavern. World Tavern Poker is where average men and women play together while trying to make their mark in the poker world.
Director of Marketing