White Paper By Cyber Group Revisits The Software Engineering Lifecycle Paradigm

Share Article

Cyber Group, Inc. today released a white paper, Manifesting Your Best: Entrusting to Experts the Rest, that examines the conditions that tend to prompt application software companies to partner with software engineering experts in order to properly implement a complete software engineering lifecycle and produce superior software products or services.

Cyber Group, Inc. today released a white paper, Manifesting Your Best: Entrusting to Experts the Rest, that examines the conditions that tend to prompt application software companies to partner with software engineering experts in order to properly implement a complete software engineering lifecycle and produce superior software products or services. The paper weighs the advantages and disadvantages of partnering with a technology expert, and provides self-assessment guidelines that help software companies determine whether or not software engineering is a necessary core competency for their company, or if, in reality, software engineering is a subordinate capability that can be entrusted to experts whose core competency is software engineering.

According to Tamim Shipchandler, Cyber Group senior vice president and one of the paper’s authors, “Within businesses in general and application software companies in particular, there are always competing priorities for resources. If resources are being diverted to non-core functions and initiatives, there is a lack of resources to drive core activities such as expanding served markets, entering new markets, launching new products and responding to emerging customer needs. In these scenarios, partnering with a technology expert can be a rational and perhaps only viable choice.”

Given the negative ramifications that result when engineering resources are misallocated, the Cyber Group paper offers a framework for understanding the requirements for software engineering throughout the lifecycle of an application software product, system or service. In particular, throughout the course of engineering a software product from conception to market and into its twilight, the cost of designing and developing the software alone typically consumes only about 30 percent of the total engineering cost. The remaining and often neglected 70 percent of the effort and associated cost are attributed to maintenance, enhancement, re-engineering, migration, continued testing and deployment. Many companies that produce software products and services wrongly assume that the lifecycle has ended as soon as the product or services enter the market. In fact, post-market existence comprises the majority of the lifecycle of a software product or service and must be competently maintained in order to manifest the product’s full capability and return on investment.

The paper can also be downloaded from http://www.cybergroupusa.com.

About Cyber Group, Inc.

Cyber Group, Inc. partners with customers to engineer their embedded electronic control systems and products, and to maintain, reengineer and enhance their customers’ software products. Their proven process significantly reduces their customers’ time and cost to market. It offers their customers a comprehensive, tightly coupled set of life-cycle software and system engineering services, i.e. services to engineer their control electronics and to maintain, reengineer, support and enhance their software products and systems through all phases of their product life-cycles. Coupling of the resources in India with those in Dallas enables Cyber Group to deliver a “virtual 24-hour day”. Additional information can be found at http://www.cybergroupusa.com.

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

John Pillow
Visit website