New York, NY (PRWEB) October 19, 2006
Business travelers weary of staying at the chain hotels are increasingly looking for unusual hotels that also meet their business needs. Members of the Business Travelers group on TripConnect.com rated their favorite hotels to stay in while traversing the world. TripConnect.com is the first of its kind online social networking site that employs one’s own personal networks of friends and family for reliable travel advice and destination research.
TripConnect’s Top Five Unusual Hotels for Business Travelers:
1. Omm in Barcelona, Spain: World-weary travelers give this “hip hotel” in one of “Europe’s coolest cities” high marks for it’s minimalist aesthetic, proximity to the beach, a terrific restaurant named “Moo” and coolest of all—an indoor/outdoor pool on the roof. More than suitable for both romance and business.
2. The SoHo Hotel in London, England: This parking garage turned boutique hotel in London’s chic Soho district has some of the largest rooms in London. They come complete with a modern design that even with a plasma screen TV the room feels warm and cozy. The location gets top marks for its closeness to London’s bustling center and is noted for being perfect for romance, groups and business.
3. Straf in Milan, Italy: Hotels in this fashion-forward city are usually expensive but the Straf is one of the more affordable options. The rooms are spacious with wireless service and a few are even equipped with massage chairs. The central location, bustling nightlife and excellent staff service make this hotel a hit with users of TripConnect.com and an excellent choice for business travelers on a budget.
4. Hotel Q in Berlin, Germany: Designed by the same architects who did Brad Pitt’s house, (and apparently he and Angelina Jolie like to stay here when in Berlin) this hotel rates highly with the readers for its central location near Ku’damm, a young & friendly staff along with a spa with a creative “chill-out” area. Hotel Q is perfect for both business and a place to unwind.
5. W San Francisco in San Francisco, CA: It’s fitting that a world class city like San Francisco would have a hotel that would service equally well for business and pleasure. The W is conveniently located in SoMa (South of Market Street) near excellent shopping, plentiful art galleries and some of the trendiest restaurants. The hotel features a state of the art gym, indoor pool as well a roof deck with views of the Bay Bridge and is a good fit whether traveling for business or pleasure.
TripConnect.com: Get Travel Advice From People You Know
Want to share your travel tips? We want to hear from you. Sign up, link to friends, and consult your personal network to get travel advice. Visit http://www.tripconnect.com.
Next week’s Top Five: Top Five Cities for Shopping.
Contact: Margo Donohue 917-679-6945 for more information.