This strategic investment will allow GPG to accelerate our growth and pursue significant new opportunities, taking our highly-focused, integrated approach across new geographies and into new practice areas
New York, NY (PRWEB) November 7, 2006
Svoboda, Collins, a Chicago based Private Equity firm, has made a major investment in The Glover Park Group, a leading independent corporate communications and public affairs firm. AdMedia Partners (http://www.AdMediaPartners.com), a New York investment bank specializing in mergers and acquisitions advisory services to the advertising and marketing, media, and related online and information services businesses, advised The Glover Park Group in the transaction.
"The continued aggressive investment by private equity firms in the marketing services industry has impacted not only valuations, but also traditional deal structures and future growth opportunities," says Greg Smith, the investment banker who led Glover Park's deal team.
Other independent public affairs and government relations clients represented by AdMedia Partners in recent transactions include: Public Strategies acquired by WPP, Dittus Communications acquired by Financial Dynamics, The Federalist Group acquired by Ogilvy Public Relations, and Quinn Gillespie acquired by WPP.
The official release is as follows:
Svoboda, Collins Announces Major Investment in The Glover Park Group
Capital Will Support Growth of Leading Strategic Communications Company
Washington, D.C. – November 6, 2006 — Svoboda, Collins today announced a major strategic investment in The Glover Park Group (GPG). The Chicago-based private equity firm has partnered with management and Madison Capital Funding LLC to make a major investment in GPG, allowing the strategic communications company to accelerate its growth and range of category-leading services. This transaction is the second investment for Svoboda, Collins Fund II L.P.
"Driven by its talented, experienced and energetic team, GPG has earned its reputation as one of the leading strategic communications firms in the country," said John Svoboda, Senior Managing Director at Svoboda, Collins. "This investment reflects Svoboda, Collins' continuing focus on investing in and helping to build the best business services companies."
"This strategic investment will allow GPG to accelerate our growth and pursue significant new opportunities, taking our highly-focused, integrated approach across new geographies and into new practice areas," said Chip Smith, Chief Operating Officer of The Glover Park Group. "In a rapidly changing environment, GPG has succeeded through our flexible, creative and entrepreneurial spirit – a spirit that will continue to guide our growth moving forward."
AdMedia Partners was engaged by The Glover Park Group as investment bankers to represent them in evaluating strategic alternatives. AdMedia Partners is a leading New York investment bank specializing in mergers and acquisitions advisory services to digital and off-line marketing services, media and information services businesses.
About The Glover Park Group
The Glover Park Group is a strategic communications company based in Washington and New York. The firm delivers advocacy and image advertising, public affairs services, media relations, issues and crisis management, legislative affairs, research and corporate communications. Named one of the fastest growing private companies in the Washington, D.C. area in 2005, The Glover Park Group provides integrated communications solutions to clients including Fortune 100 companies, non-profit organizations, initiative campaigns and industry coalitions. For more information, please visit http://www.gloverparkgroup.com.
About Svoboda, Collins L.L.C.
Svoboda, Collins L.L.C. is a Chicago-based private equity firm with over $200 million of committed capital. Founded in 1998, Svoboda, Collins identifies, invests in and helps build excellent businesses in its targeted business niches: consumer products, value-added distribution, and business services. For more information, please visit http://www.svoco.com.
About AdMedia Partners
AdMedia Partners is a leading boutique investment bank that provides middle market mergers and acquisitions advisory services to the advertising and marketing, media, and related online and information services businesses. Founded in 1990 and located in New York City, the firm has completed over 130 transactions since 1999.
Selected advertising and marketing services transactions completed by AdMedia Partners include:
- Representing Public Strategies, a leading public affairs firm, in its acquisition by WPP.
- Representing Dittus Communications, a Washington, DC based public affairs firm with legislative and regulatory expertise, in its acquisition by Financial Dynamics.
- Representing Federalist Group, a Washington, DC based government relations firm, in its acquisition by Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide.
- Representing Taylor Rafferty, an independent global investor relations and financial communications advisor, in its sale to Xinhua Finance, China's premier financial services and media company.
- Representing Medical Broadcasting Company, one of the largest independent interactive healthcare agencies, in its acquisition by Digitas Inc.
- Representing Bridge Worldwide, an interactive relationship marketing agency, in its acquisition by Wunderman, a unit of WPP Group.
- Representing Dynamic Logic, the leading independent on-line marketing research company, in its acquisition by Millward Brown.
- Representing Creative Domain in its merger with Trailer Park to form one of the largest providers of diverse entertainment marketing services in Hollywood. The transaction was backed by a financial commitment from Lake Capital.
# # #