Concord, Mass. (PRWEB) November 27, 2006
Just in time for the new Federal Rules of Civil Procedure to take effect on December 1, InBoxer, Inc. today announced the first fast, comprehensive, easy-to-use, and affordable system for internal investigations and discovery involving email. The InBoxer Anti-Risk Appliance V2 enables companies to quickly identify relevant messages and monitors new emails in real-time to ensure on-going compliance.
Executives, corporate counsels, CFOs, HR professionals, audit committee members, and compliance managers can identify potential compliance risks and responsive emails right at their desk using an ordinary web browser. Companies can easily and accurately find potential violations of a broad range of compliance issues, including Sarbanes-Oxley, hostile work environment (harassment) suits, privacy / identity theft laws, HIPAA violations, and email abuse, as well as lawsuits. It also speeds up the initial discovery process when a lawsuit is filed.
"Answers that used to take days can be obtained in minutes," says Roger Matus, chief executive of InBoxer, Inc. "Instead of waiting for the IT department to deliver messages meeting search criteria, our exclusive Presearch™ technology analyzes every message for 70 of the most common risks and for criteria defined by the customer. The InBoxer Anti-Risk Appliance reviews past messages and monitors messages as they are sent or received to instantly display an up-to-the-minute report whenever it is needed. "
Mike Karp, senior analyst for Enterprise Management Associates added, "The big change is that now, in order to comply with the new Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, every company must be able to find every email sent or received by their employees. This can be a long and expensive process. The real-time content analysis provided by InBoxer's new offering means that email investigations and discovery can be completed significantly faster and at a lower cost than before."
Some of the ways that the InBoxer Anti-Risk Appliance can help companies respond include:
- Sarbanes-Oxley: Quickly meet quarterly requirements by displaying every email message sent to and from key customers or vendors. Searches for key documents, products, or terms.
- Harassment: Take "immediate and appropriate" action as required by the Supreme Court. Uses industry-leading identification of potentially harassing emails using language technology that goes far beyond key word search. Advanced selection criteria enables companies to follow-up appropriately after an employee has been warned for offensive behavior by sending a copy of any new inappropriate mail to HR.
- Privacy and Identity Theft: Meet the mandatory, fast notification laws in 30 states. Can identify driver's license patterns for all 50 states, credit card numbers, social security numbers, and custom account patterns. For maximum protection, a list of employee or customer data can be uploaded to InBoxer and special alerts can be sent to management within seconds of a leak.
- Email Use and Abuse Patterns: Reports on attachment types, message sizes, contact with competitors, and more.
- Medical (HIPAA) Privacy Compliance: Identifies potential HIPAA violations by finding messages with privacy and identity theft detection violations and medical terminology.
- Discovery Requests: Identifies responsive emails quickly using language-based, address-based, key word based, and other techniques.
- Archiving: Safely stores InBoxer's indexing and category information with an unchanged copy of every email message using the customer's existing archiving system.
InBoxer's comprehensive features include the following major capabilities:
- Fast installation. The InBoxer Anti-Risk Appliance is typically up and running within one hour with minimal IT effort.
- Support of all major email and archiving systems. Does not interrupt the flow of messages.
- Capture and processing of every email message -- inbound, outbound, and internal.
- Analysis of the entire text of every message, including headers and attachments.
- Real-time processing for up-to-the-minute reports and instant alerts.
- Detailed categorization of every message using about 70 risk categories representing the most risk common concerns.
- Custom searches handle company-specific concerns.
- Easy-to-use web-based interface enables the people who need the information to get it with minimal IT effort.
- Award-winning language based technology that identifies messages that other products and home-grown solutions miss. For example, some products find offensive words. InBoxer finds those words and other messages, such as the "dumb blonde" joke that does not contain offensive words but may still be a cause of a hostile work environment.
- Email updates notify those who need information without constant logging-in.
The InBoxer Anti-Risk Appliance is a plug-and-play hardware/software combination that is typically installed in less than one hour. It is available immediately and comes in three configurations with prices starting at $5000. The appliance comes with a 21-day money-back guarantee.
InBoxer, Inc. (http://www.inboxer.com) helps organizations with fast and cost-effective internal investigations, discovery, and real-time alerts involving electronic communications. Most uses are for legal discovery, compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, harassment, hostile work environments, privacy, identity theft, and corporate governance. The company's award-winning InBoxer Anti-Spam Filter and the InBoxer Anti-Risk Appliance use industry-leading sophisticated language technologies and advanced techniques to analyze entire messages, not just key words and phrases, to achieve high accuracy. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Concord, Mass., InBoxer's customers across six continents include Fortune 100 companies, state and local governments, health care institutions, small businesses, and consumers.
All companies and products listed herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.