Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) December 4, 2006
Consumers and governments continue to demand enhanced food safety, and personal protective products play a key role in this area. Ronco (http://www.ronco.ca) offers a wide variety of items that can contribute to your company's HACCP compliance. In order to facilitate compliance, it is beneficial for companies to:
1. Ensure proper use of relevant types of gloves and protective apparel, including:
b. hairnets/bouffant caps
c. beard covers
e. lab coats
f. shoe covers
2. Train employees on the appropriate types of protective clothing to wear, when they must be changed, as well as the correct way to don, doff, store, and clean (if applicable) the item
3. Wash reusable clothing thoroughly or use single-use items
4. Clean and bandage cuts and cover with gloves so as not to contaminate food with bacteria from the wounded area
5. Use innovative products such as Ronco's GC-1000 disposable glove dispenser to maximize hygiene of gloves being used
6. Select glove material according to the chemical being used to ensure maximum protection as materials offer different degrees of protection to the harsh solutions used in the market. Chemicals are a key component in maintaining the hygiene and ongoing operation of the plant and machinery, and working with them requires the use of proper hand, eye, arm, and clothes protection.
7. Ensure employees wash hands thoroughly, using proper hand washing procedures, before donning gloves and handling food
8. Colour code departments by using gloves and protective clothing in a variety of colours in order to reduce the risk of cross-contamination. Taking advantage of the different coloured items available in the market will facilitate your plant traffic management by making it easier to determine which employees should be in the different areas of your plant.
Established in 1996, Ronco (http://www.ronco.ca) specializes in superior Clean & Safe solutions. With a focus on consistent quality products and outstanding customer service, Ronco has developed a strong national presence across Canada. The Company's product lines range from disposable and industrial gloves to protective apparel, safety supplies, tote & polywoven bags, reclosable plastic bags, and more.
For additional information and to receive your free sample kit and catalogue, please contact us:
Tel: 905-660-6700 ext. 225
Email: elizabeth.spevack @ ronco.ca
Web site: http://www.ronco.ca