(PRWEB) December 4, 2006
The 2007 International Telematics Update Awards are now open for entry, with updated categories to reflect the dynamic evolution of the global automotive telematics industry.
The annual International Telematics Awards are the most prestigious in the industry, presented in recognition of the most innovative and successful companies and products of the year.
Do you believe your company pushes harder? Are you developing better products, deploying newer technology or providing better services?
Then nominate your company before the closing date, and take centre stage at the 2007 Telematics Update Awards ceremony.
A record-breaking number of entries from across the value chain were submitted for the 2006 Telematics Update Awards, and the competition was far closer than ever before.
Only two companies took more than one Telematics Update award home in 2006: Inrix and OnStar. The year before, OnStar was the only multiple winner, romping off with three awards.
The Awards program is evolving in line with developments in the industry. Some of the category descriptions have been altered, and two more categories have been added, including the new People's Choice Award, where everybody can freely vote for their favourite telematics product, service, device, application or simply for the most innovative company in the telematics market.
The 2007 categories are:
1. Telematics Leadership Award (individual)
2. 2007 Newcomer Award
3. Best Embedded Telematics Service
4. Best Embedded Telematics Navigation Product
5. Best Portable Device Application
6. Best Portable Navigation System
7. Best Aftermarket Device
8. Best Audio or Audio-Visual Entertainment Product.
9. Best Telematics Component Solution
10. Telematics Service & Application: Best Commercial Vehicle Application
11. Best Use of Telematics Technology for Safety
12. Best Storage Solution for In-Car Environment
13. Global Car Manufacturer Technology Deployment Award
14. 2007 People's Choice of the Best Telematics Company
Nominate your company by visiting http://www.telematicsupdate.com/detroit2007/awards/.
Rules of entry are posted on http://www.telematicsupdate.com/detroit2007/awards/rules.shtml.
The closing date for nominations is March 1, 2007.
The Awards judges are independent, highly respected leading figures in the telematics industry. The 2007 Awards judging panel includes:
Dave McClure - Director of Telematics, SBD
- David McNamara - President of Technology Solutions
- Thilo Koslowski - Vice President & Lead Automotive Analyst, Gartner
- Phil Magney - Founder & Principal Analyst, Telematics Research Group
- Joanne Blight - Director of Automotive & Telematics Practice, Strategy Analytics
Finalists will be announced on April 2, 2007. The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony, which takes place on May 22, 2007, at the end of Day One of the Telematics Detroit event.
If you would like to be considered for the judging panel, or for more information about the Awards, please contact Thomas Hallauer.
Telephone: +44 207 375 7185
US toll free: 1 800 814 3459 ext 307