The award is a testament to how our site has transformed the travel experience for African Americans
Torrance, Calif. (PRWEB) December 5, 2006
SoulOfAmerica.com today announced the re-launch of its pioneering website, delivering new content, easier navigation, faster updates and thousands of additional photos. Shortly before the website renovation, BlackWebAwards.com named SoulfOfAmerica.com the "2006 Best Travel Destination Website."
"The award is a testament to how our site has transformed the travel experience for African Americans," said Thomas Dorsey, Founder and Publisher of SoulOfAmerica.com. The site provides more than 8,200 pages of researched content that emphasizes black culture and history in America and other select destinations around the world.
"If you seek a soulful vacation or want to add pleasure to your business trip, visiting SoulOfAmerica.com is just as essential and easy as packing your suitcase," Dorsey said.
The new SoulOfAmerica.com features:
- A more sophisticated look. SoulOfAmerica.com kept the best of its former format but now sports a new logo and color scheme and re-designed channel icons, which represent various travel destinations, such as U.S. Cities, Beaches & Resorts, and Soulful Events.
- Three new channels. Acting on recommendations from our readers, we introduced Romantic Travel, Singles Travel and Black Travel Agents.
- Greatly expanded and enhanced photo galleries. Updated U.S. City Guides now display from 75 to 300 photos per subject category. Choose a category of visual interest - such as cultural sites, restaurants or museums - and you can easily click through a series of full-size photos, then choose the next photo category. The homepage links to "Slideshow of the Week" to showcase travel destinations or major events.
- Easier navigation. A top navigation bar is uniform to all pages, making it easier to move from channel to channel. A new "You Are Here" feature works like a GPS system so you always know your location on our expansive website.
- Weekly Homepage Spotlights. In the past, we spotlighted and prominently displayed a different destination guide, channel or major event on the homepage biweekly. Now, two new or updated "Homepage Spotlights" will appear each week.
- A more powerful Web server. Built to accommodate our forecasted growth in visitors, our new website infrastructure enables us to update destination profiles and photo galleries more frequently and respond to visitor tips faster.
SoulOfAmerica.com, the first travel website publisher since 1997, is the only comprehensive, most quoted, highest traffic and award-winning Black Travel Website. More site enhancements are coming soon.