Greenville, NC (PRWEB) December 4, 2006
Recognizing the void in the diet, food and health fitness industries for African Americans, the New Black Cultural website (http://www.newblackculturaldiet.com) featuring special Podcast Shows was launched to help African Americans learn, share stories, and develop new cultural strategies related to losing weight, maintaining weight loss, exercise, body image, food selections, food preparation and general good health practices. Medical Anthropologist Eric J. Bailey created this new forum so that African Americans and all who share similar issues can have a place on the internet committed to creating a new healthier lifestyle.
One special feature of the New Black Cultural Diet website is our Podcast Shows. The Podcast Shows features special commentary, advice, information and opinions from the host and co-host of the shows on all health and medical aspects related to the African American community. We particularly discuss cultural health issues that are often discussed. The major focus of the Podcast Shows is to provide facts on the particular health care issue, share personal stories, and engage the audience in a way that motivates them to make a positive health care decision. Some of the topics of our Podcast Shows were as follows:
1. African American Women -- Why Is It Hard for African American Women to Lose Weight and Make Healthier Choices?
2. African American Men -- Why Is It Hard for African American Men to Lose Weight and Make Healthier Choices?
3. African American Kids -- What Are Their Food Choices and Perceptions of Exercise and Physical Fitness?
4. Body Image -- What is the Connection Between Preferred Body Images With Good Health? and
5. Holiday Healthy Choices -- How To Make Better Choices About Eating and Exercising During the Holidays?
All of our Podcast Shows are unique because it features the host and co-host discussing and debating these serious health questions that often are not discussed among African Americans.
In 2007, our Podcast Shows will also include opportunities for health care/medical companies, pharmaceutical companies, health/fitness companies, nutrition companies as well as public health agencies to sell or promote their products or programs to our listening audiences in communities throughout the United States and in other countries.
So if your company, agency, or institution is interested in marketing your product or program to the African American community, consider the New Black Cultural Diet Podcast Shows. We can deliver the message.