Aperto recognizes that WiMAX operates within a large ecosystem of tools, products and services
Milpitas, CA (Vocus) December 4, 2006
Hong Kong -- ITU TELECOM WORLD (PRWeb) December 4, 2006 -- Aperto Networks (http://www.apertonet.com), builder of the world's most advanced WiMAX Forum Certified™ base stations and subscriber units, today unveiled a comprehensive partnering program dedicated to advancing WiMAX by offering a wide range of leading-edge solutions and turn-key services for network operators looking to capitalize on WiMAX opportunities.
Participants in Aperto's WiMAX Solutions Ecosystem (WiSE) program, which today includes more than 50 of the WiMAX industry's leading companies, align with Aperto Networks in five key areas:
- Enabling Technology partners provide the latest advances in baseband, radio, element management, provisioning and applications delivery technologies for WiMAX subscriber and infrastructure solutions. Intel, Fujitsu, Sequans and others have worked with Aperto to establish the foundation for PacketMAX fixed and mobile solutions.
- PacketMAX™ Interoperability takes WiMAX Forum Certified™ products to the next level. WiSE partners can certify that their subscriber and infrastructure equipment works optimally within Aperto's award-winning PacketMAX architecture. Aperto leads this effort through coordinating three levels of interoperability testing and system integration. Aperto has completed interoperability testing between PacketMAX base station and multiple third party subscriber units.
- WiMAX Applications enable service delivery to the WiMAX end user and are dedicated to ensuring that operators can profitably deliver these services that their customers demand. Allot Communications, Veraz Networks, ADC, Telco Systems and other WiSE partners have joined with Aperto to ensure high quality, end-to-end service delivery over WiMAX. Sample applications include managed VoIP, municipal and mesh networking, video delivery and advanced operations and business support.
- Tools and Services partners complement PacketMAX by offering unique training, network planning or turn-key services that are required to design, install, operate and maintain the network throughout its life cycle. WiSE members include EDX Wireless, DoceoTech and a network of WiMAX experts and system integrators.
- Channel partners make up the distribution network that provides PacketMAX and related value-added solutions and services in local markets globally. Operators can select WiSE partners carrying the Aperto Certified logo - putting the highest level of WiMAX competency and PacketMAX experience to work on their projects. Aperto has over fifty such partners across the globe.
"Aperto recognizes that WiMAX operates within a large ecosystem of tools, products and services," said Manish Gupta, vice president of marketing and alliances of Aperto Networks. "The goal of Aperto's WiSE program is to collaborate with WiMAX industry's leading solution providers to strengthen the PacketMAX platform and to enable timely delivery of profitable and reliable WiMAX services globally."
"Aperto must be congratulated for recognizing the importance of identifying, assembling and collaborating with some of the WiMAX industry's leading ecosystem players," said Peter Jarich, Principal Analyst, Current Analysis. "WiMAX operators need support and flexibility. Aperto's WiSE helps to deliver on those demands."
About Aperto Networks
Aperto Networks helps leading service providers deliver affordable wireless voice and broadband profitably by building the world's most advanced WiMAX base stations and subscriber units. Aperto fundamentally changes the economics of delivering voice and broadband services through IP-rich, point-to-point and point-to-multipoint networks, allowing carriers to offer a wider variety of services to more customers using less equipment. Its carrier-class WiMAX technology offers industry-leading subscriber density, quality of service, ease of use and reliability. Aperto is a founding board member of the WiMAX Forum as well as a founder and lead contributor to IEEE 802.16a/d/e and the ETSI-BRAN standards. Serving more than 200 customers in 65 countries, Aperto Networks is based in Milpitas, California. Visit: http://www.apertonet.com.
WiMAX Forum and WiMAX Forum Certified are trademarks of WiMAX Forum. PacketMAX is a trademark of Aperto Networks.
# # #