As a homebuilder, we are excited to do our part to add to the holiday cheer in the neighborhoods we serve. We also want to encourage homeowners to follow our lead.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Kissimmee, FL (Vocus) December 5, 2006
America's First Home is helping to bring holiday cheer to Kissimmee with thousands of Christmas lights adorning its Austin home model, located at 3103 Linton Road in the Doral Pointe community. Wreaths and red bows will add to the traditional Christmas look.
"We encourage people to drive by or stop at our models to enjoy the holiday lights," said Jack Rostetter, chief operating officer for America's First Home. "As a homebuilder, we are excited to do our part to add to the holiday cheer in the neighborhoods we serve. We also want to encourage homeowners to follow our lead."
America's First Home, which works with many first-time homebuyers, offers the following tips to new homeowners who may be decorating a house for the first time:
- Trim your shrubbery and trees before hanging lights - not only to make them look better, but to make decorating easier.
- Make a sketch of your planned design on paper before beginning the decorating process.
- Opt for commercial-grade lights that will stay lit even if one bulb burns out.
- Use gutter clips to easily secure lights to the house.
- An automatic timer will ensure your lights turn on and off at the appropriate time each day - even if you're not home.
- If you are on a tight budget, don't worry about buying all of your outdoor decorations at once. Buy a few items each year to build your collection, shopping post-holiday sales.
- Red bows, hung strategically on doors, garage doors and windows are an inexpensive way to make a cheerful holiday statement.
- When it's time to take lights down, roll cords on the cord rollers available at many discount stores.
America's First Home , founded by father-and-son-team Bill and Barry Frey, provides quality homes in the Southwest and Central Florida areas. Named one of Builder magazine's "Fast Track 2006" companies, America's First Home combines the services of a conventional home builder with a mortgage brokerage firm specializing in finding the most innovative financing sources available. The company has offices and model centers throughout the Orlando area, Ocala and Cape Coral. For more information, call (407) 518-9862 or visit http://www.AFH.net.
Kati Trisler, America's First Home, (407) 262-7900 ext. 3002
Kara Winton, APR, Priority Marketing, (239) 267-2638
# # #