(PRWEB) December 6, 2006
Travel insurance is one of those areas that mean nothing to you until you decide to hit the road - or the air - then suddenly every ad is for travel insurance and everywhere you look another company is touting for your business. So how do you choose the best insurance company and the best travel insurance for your unique traveling needs?
5 Points To Consider
1. The cost of the policy could be more than what you pay
When reviewing the policy options never start with the price first. As with most things in life you get what you pay for and while you want to be sure to get the best value for your money, this does not necessarily mean the cheapest price. Comprehensive cover that delivers and supports in time of need is what you should be looking for.
2. What back up do you receive in an emergency?
Are you being sent on your world tour with a 9 to 5 Monday to Friday contact number or are you provided with fully comprehensive numbers providing 24/7 contact and support, reverse charge options and 0800 numbers.
3. What is included as standard in your policy
Some companies come in with a low rate and then charge extra for every doorknob eventually leading to over inflated cover. Go through the company's policy offerings to be sure exactly what you are covered for. The range should be extensive as the company should know and have addressed a range of pitfalls you may not have thought of.
4. Who underwrites and supports the company
Establish who your support company will be should you face a medical emergency or the need for evacuation. Most companies do not handle these highly specialised areas themselves but have aligned themselves with skilled and experienced worldwide organisations to ensure the best possible protection and support for their customers.
5. Does the company cater for varying needs?
Does the company provide a one size fits all policy? Beware, you may be paying for cover you don't need or be under insured in some critical areas. Look for a company which provides a range of covers including NZ only travel policies, backpacker, group or duo options, long stay, one way or gap insurance and more.
You Need Look No Further
Online travel insurance company, 1 Cover NZ, provide fully comprehensive, cheap travel cover tailored to a broad range of traveling needs, and have rapidly established themselves as the providers of outstanding, reliable and flexible cover, offering:
- Rapid online quotation and fulfillment and immediate policy delivery.
- The security of underwriting by Allianz New Zealand Limited and the back up of Mondial Assistance Group, the largest emergency assistance group in the world.
- Unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance, overseas medical, hospital and dental and cancellation of fees and lost deposits and $5 million personal liability as standard and including free medical cover for snow skiing, scuba diving and many other sports.
For all-inclusive travel insurance - Australia, New Zealand or worldwide - and the best travel insurance rates, visit 1 Cover Travel Insurance at http://www.1cover.co.nz for insurance that won't let you down.
# # #