Georgetown, TX (PRWEB) December 6, 2006
According to the American Heart Association, more than 50 million Americans suffer from high cholesterol which can lead to serious cardiovascular disease.
Having high cholesterol will greatly raise your risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
Here are a few recommended tips from RXInformation.org to help you control or lower your cholesterol levels:
- Use only nonfat or low-fat dairy products.
- Moderate exercise is essential to maintain your cardiovascular system.
A daily supplement helps provides the essential nutrients your body needs.
- Choose lean cuts of meat, trim fat off and remove skin from poultry.
- Eat enough beans, vegetables, fruits and whole grains daily.
- Minimize saturated fat consumption and avoid foods that contain trans- fats.
- Men and women aged 35 years or older should check their cholesterol levels yearly.
Use our free in-home self-examination at http://www.rxinformation.org/cholesterol