Mantachie, MS (PRWEB) December 11, 2006
Candles offer an inexpensive way to add holiday sparkle to the home. Below are tips from Wicks n' More, a manufacturer of hand-poured, decorative scented candles.
1. Use candles as seasonal centerpieces. Place a pillar candle in a glass rose bowl or fish bowl and surround the candle with seasonal candies or colored marbles. Fresh cranberries look great during the holidays and smell good even when the candle is not lit.
2. Cut out connected stars (like paper dolls) on cardboard, place the artwork on a table or counter and center the candle in the middle. Use gold or silver posterboard for a more elegant look. More creative people can cut out more intricate designs, such as pumpkin patches or manger scenes, using an exacto knife.
3. Lighten up the mantle with candles. Add greenery or ribbon to votive or pillar candles for eye-catching décor. Try pyracantha or holly with berries, but any evergreen adds punch. Mix in real nuts, pomegranates, cumquats or other seasonal fruit for a realistic display or partner plastic fruit with real greenery. Be sure candle flames are clear of any items.
4. Bring scents of home-cooking to the home even when you're not in the kitchen. Candles that smell of fruits and spices introduce positive feelings for visitors by reminding them of home-cooked treats and fond memories. Especially during the holidays, light a candle in your kitchen for warm aromas without an apron. Try Wicks n' More's Spiced Delight or Pumpkin Perfect candles.
5. Gently light bathrooms with votive candles and small pillars to add a soft floral scent. Use candles with the same fragrance but in different sizes and heights. Use a variety of small stands to add interest. Dim the lights and relax. Wicks n' More's Champagne & Roses candle offers a wonder floral aroma.
6. Float candles in water. Simply place them in a large bowl with a wide mouth. Pool candle holders shaped like lotus blossoms are another option. A votive candle can be placed in the center for a fabulous way to dress up a swimming pool or spa that won't be used during parties in the cooler months.
7. Illuminate the doorway with planter stands on either side of the door at a covered entryway. Place a candle on a plate and then on a stand. Cover the candle with a glass chimney, leaving at least one inch clearance between the glass and the candle. Christmas greenery and ribbon can be placed around the edges of the plate outside of the chimney. This makes a soft, glowing holiday touch at your door step.
Wicks n' More is a great resource for stories on candles, gifts and holiday decorations. To speak with a Wicks n' More expert, contact Denise Bonniwell at 713-589-9989.
About Wicks n' More
Wicks n' More (http://www.wicksnmore.com) is the leading manufacturer of exquisite, hand-poured, decorative scented candles. The company's candles are poured, wicked and finished in its factory in Mantachie, MS, under the close eyes of the company's owners, a dedicated mother-daughter team. Started in 1999, Wicks n' More is still crafting its trademark item, a striking pillar candle, along with votive candles, jar candles and other fragranced products. There are more than 75 different color and fragrance options, all exceptionally beautiful, combining layers of colors with strong fragrances, creating a one-of-a-kind decorative accessory. Wicks n' More can be found in more than 3,000 boutiques and fine department stores in 42 states.