New York, NY (PRWEB) December 11, 2006
Envision Solutions, LLC (http://www.envisionsolutionsnow.com) and The Medical Blog Network (http://www.healthvoices.com) today announced the results of the "Taking the Pulse of the Healthcare Blogosphere" survey.
Envision Solutions and The Medical Blog Network launched the survey because the healthcare blogosphere is rapidly growing in size and importance. However, little is known about the activity and opinions of large numbers of healthcare bloggers. Following are some key findings of the survey:
- 61% of respondents write about their personal experiences.
- Nearly 40% of healthcare bloggers report that the most important reason they decided to start their blog was to share their opinions or educate others.
- 39% of those surveyed hide their identity to protect their privacy, patient confidentiality or themselves.
- Many view their fellow bloggers' statements with a critical eye, but trust them to encourage active and unbiased commentary on their blogs.
- Respondents are split on whether running advertising negatively impacts a blogger's credibility. However, 54% say they are willing to continue or begin featuring advertising on their blogs.
About This Survey
Following are key details about this research:
- 214 healthcare bloggers took at least a portion of the survey, which was fielded between July 31 and September 29, 2006. 171 answered every question in the poll.
- The poll was open to individuals and organizations that devote at least 30% of posts on their blogs to healthcare-related topics. Eligible respondents completed the survey via the Internet.
- It is important to note that this survey is not scientific. This means that the data cannot be applied to the overall global healthcare blogger community.
- All survey statistics are based on the number of people who answered specific questions.
- To download a free copy of the survey report, please go to: http://www.envisionsolutionsnow.com/survey.html.
- For further information, please contact Fard Johnmar at 212-501-6101 or 646-425-5709 (cell).
Please consider using this Web-ready logo in online articles and blog posts about the survey. View and download the logo (by right-clicking the image) here: http://www.envisionsolutionsnow.com/surveylogo.jpg.
Fard Johnmar, Founder, Envision Solutions, LLC
"This poll provides some clues as to why healthcare blogging is gaining in popularity and influence. Some people are moved to start blogs because they want to share their personal experiences. However, they are also seeking to help people find relevant and useful information online. This altruism is one reason why healthcare blogs are such a valuable resource."
Dmitriy Kruglyak, Publisher, The Medical Blog Network
"The results of the survey are eye-opening. They not only offer a first quantitative portrait of the healthcare blogger community but also pinpoint the reasons why it is here to stay. Blogs and social media continue to tear down the walls in the healthcare industry and are becoming an integral part of life for a growing number of individual consumers and medical professionals."
About Envision Solutions, LLC
Envision Solutions, LLC is a full-service healthcare marketing communications consulting firm. The company provides innovative products and services to not-for-profit and for-profit organizations. Envision Solutions' core competencies are in the areas of analysis, strategic and tactical recommendation development, training and content development. Please visit http://www.envisionsolutionsnow.com for more information about the firm.
About The Medical Blog Network & Trusted.MD
The Medical Blog Network (http://www.healthvoices.com) is the world's largest community of health and medical bloggers. Our online and traditional media programs are designed to connect healthcare bloggers, audiences and institutions through open media.
Trusted.MD (http://trusted.md) is The Medical Blog Network's upcoming social network designed to foster trust-based relationships between consumers, professionals and organizations. Free individual membership offers publishing, search, communication and reputation management tools.
Join us as we build the next-generation eHealth resource, based on open media principles.
# # #