Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) December 13, 2006
The Communications Fraud Control Association (CFCA) Board of Directors, today, announced the retirement of its Executive Director, Frances Feld, CAE effective December 31, 2006. Fran's exemplary 13 years of service and dedication are marked with contributions that will forever leave their impact on the Association for years to come.
Fran took over the reins of the Association during a time of increasing challenges within the Telecom industry and the communications fraud sector that surrounded the telecom industry turmoil.
With a steady hand, she:
· Implemented the FIRST certification for Fraud Investigators and Security Professionals
· Strengthened the Association's financial liquidity to insure its solvency
· Coordinated development and implemented association practices and policies
· Organized and implemented Fraud/Revenue Assurance Conferences worldwide
· Guided the Association financially through tough times
· Relocated the Corporate Offices from Washington DC
· Guided the establishment of the Association's website
· Coordinated development of CFCA's revolutionary Internet electronic voting
· Assisted in the implementation of "The Online Forum"
· Guided the scope and structure for the development of International Chapters.
"Fran will truly be missed," said the President of CFCA, Dana Berry, CCSP, "She has been the anchor for our association for many years. The CFCA Executive Committee and Board are working on the plan of succession."
The CFCA Board of Directors is diligently working around the clock to insure the smooth transition from Frances Feld's tenure to a NEW Era in CFCA's long and distinguished history. The Board of Directors will announce the transition plan early in December 2006.
CFCA is the oldest not-for-profit global educational association that is working to combat telecommunications fraud. The mission of CFCA is to be the premier international association for revenue assurance, loss prevention and fraud control education and information. By promoting a close association among telecommunications fraud security personnel, CFCA serves as a forum and clearinghouse of information pertaining to the fraudulent use of communications services. For more information, visit CFCA at http://www.cfca.org.
Dana Bruce Berry, CCSP