We have found Vibe Capital's online vision and culture to compliment ours and we believe that the partnership with a leading Web 2.0 company such as Vibe Capital will also have downstream benefits for our corporate clients.
Perth, Australia (PRWEB) December 13, 2006
Vibe Capital, developer of the vibEngine ranked-advice community platform behind Minti has completed its second round of fund-raising in conjunction with the purchase of a strategic equity stake in Market United. Market United is the contracted developer of the vibEngine platform and a successful digital marketing agency to a broad range of clients.
Funds raised are to be used for Vibe Capital's continuing operations, as well as in support of the acquisition. Vibe Capital has also secured shareholder debt facilities to fund capital requirements into the foreseeable future. Details of the funding and investment terms are subject to confidentiality arrangements.
"Vibe Capital has taken a significant step to secure its future viability and growth through this important strategic acquisition." said Clay Cook, Co-founder and CEO of Vibe Capital. "Minti is the first of the vibEngine website verticals and more will launch over the coming months. The acquisition supports our turnkey ranked-advice goals, whilst the funding and debt facility have provided us with a solid platform for growth."
"We have found Vibe Capital's online vision and culture to compliment ours and we believe that the partnership with a leading Web 2.0 company such as Vibe Capital will also have downstream benefits for our corporate clients." said Marc Loveridge, Managing Director of Market United. "The vibEngine platform is already proving enormously attractive to both established organisations and start-ups looking to build new user-generated content capabilities into their digital communications."
The latest release of the vibEngine provides a suite of Web 2.0 ready, user generated content management features including:
- User generated content page creation and easy editing (not unlike Wikipedia)
- Member controlled ranking of all content types (text, photos, video) (not unlike TripAdvisor and YouTube)
- Dynamic member progression and high ranked member "admin features" (not unlike eBay)
- Member controlled management of reported items
- Personal functions for every member including a private messaging system, personal blog, self-managed watch lists and social networking features
- Tagging and category functions with automated generation of site-wide or personalised tag-clouds (not unlike Flickr and del.icio.us)
- Mirroring of external blogs to allow edge-content contributions (not unlike Technorati)
- Detailed Question & Answer features (not unlike Yahoo! Answers)
- Extensive RSS features over multiple data sources within the database
- Comprehensive "tabbed" search results for key content areas such as articles, blog posts, forums and groups
- Tailored emails delivering only relevant information to members when they want it
- Member generated groups and automatic grouping to facilitate sub-communities
- All pages are dynamically added and auto-optimised to be search engine friendly
Vibe Capital's vibEngine platform now provides an affordable licensing offer which includes upgrade access to additional features as the platform is developed. Vibe Capital has a proven track record of delivering Web 2.0 features with a very short development cycle since the launch of Minti in March 2006.
About Vibe Capital Pty Ltd
Founded by internet entrepreneurs Clay Cook, Rachel Cook and Matthew Macfarlane, Minti is a subsidiary of Vibe Capital Pty Ltd, a privately held company in Perth, Australia. Vibe Capital raised A$1.6m in funding prior to launching the Minti website. Minti is the first of several ranked advice communities to be launched by Vibe Capital using its advice-based social platform. For more information visit http://www.vibecapital.com or http://www.minti.com
About Market United Pty Ltd
Founded four years ago by entrepreneurs Marc Loveridge and Richard Chipper, Market United was created on the underlying belief that the only way to help organizations take advantage of digital marketing channels was to provide outstanding strategic, creative and technical capabilities from one place, one group of people, one agency.
Market United is this 'one agency' -- they listen to business issues, plan a solution, design it, build it, take it to market and improve it. They are strategic advisers, online marketing gurus, creative guns and technical whizzes.
Minti™ and Powered by Parents™ are trade marks registered by Vibe Capital Pty Ltd. Market United is a trade mark registered by Market United Pty Ltd. Other product names and brands appearing in this press release such as Wikipedia, TripAdvisor, YouTube, eBay, Flickr, del.icio.us, Technorati, and Yahoo! Answers, are, or may be claimed as, trade marks of other entities.
Co-Founder & CFO
Matthew Macfarlane, +61 (0) 400 60 59 60
Marc Loveridge, +61 (0) 8 9322 3213
# # #