The E2 is an extremely powerful RAID system. Initial tests with our customers in the performance hungry AV industry have shown that, especially in large block sizes, we are 20-30% faster than our nearest competitor.
West Sussex, UK (PRWEB) December 13, 2006
Fibrenetix, leading storage provider for the content creation, broadcast and delivery markets is set to launch the latest addition to its flagship E-Series product range. The new E2 RAID array offers phenomenal performance and reliability, with dual 4 Gbit Fibre Channel host connection, 16x SATA-II disk drives, combined with a new enhanced high performance RAID controller based around a PowerPC CPU.
Jes Nagel CEO for Fibrenetix says, "The E2 is an extremely powerful RAID system. Initial tests with our customers in the performance hungry AV industry have shown that, especially in large block sizes, we are 20-30% faster than our nearest competitor."
Nagel continues, "Fibrenetix E-Series products have now been adopted as a standard within many household companies including; MTV (music broadcast); NOKIA Music (MP3 downloads); and ITV PLC (the UK's biggest commercial TV station). As well as the performance, our AV customers particularly appreciate the superior build quality, outstanding reliability and the easy access to our advance feature set."
Alan Johnson, VP of Business Development adds, "The E-Series is the cornerstone of our enterprise level RAID products. Early next year the product range will grow even further with the launch of SAS and Dual Active controller products. The E-series has given us a platform to launch cutting-edge technology and expand our business into new markets segments."
E2 key features:
- Dual 4 GBit Fibre Channel host to SATA-II drives
- Up to 400MB/sec per channel performance to support the most demanding content creation and delivery environments
- Engineered to meet stringent demands for continuous availability, with advanced RAID features to guarantee continuous data availability even with multiple disk failures
- Sophisticated management utility with email and SNMP support via Ethernet connection
- Cableless backplane-based design, with hot-swap disk drives, power supply & fans modules
- Hot-swap SmartLCD front panel for easy user configuration and easy removal for added security
- RAID levels 0, 0+1, 3, 5 and RAID-6 for maximum data protection
- 512MB of onboard cache, upgradeable to 1GB
- Dual high performance hot-swap 518watt power supplies
- Storage capacities of up to 12TB in a single 3U 19" rackmount enclosure
E2 ships with a 3 year warranty complete with online technical support, plus FREE one year onsite Kodak service in Europe and North America.
For more information visit Fibrenetix website - http://www.fibrenetix.com