Reston, VA (PRWEB) December 14, 2006
AlgoSec, a pioneer in offline firewall policy analysis, today announced that three additional major US Healthcare organization have recently installed the industry leading AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer (AFA) to meet Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance requirements.
"We are happy to learn that more healthcare organizations rely on AlgoSec to meet their HIPAA compliance requirements," said Yuval Baron, AlgoSec CEO. "Our firewall protection solution provides peace of mind to medical organizations whose network security policy is subject to regulation."
AFA provides an all in one firewall network security software solution for smarter firewall management:
- Change management: AFA provides a comprehensive solution that helps report all the changes made to your firewall policies, lets you analyze the impact of these changes so you can review and verify that they are performed correctly. In addition a complete change history is logged. With the AFA, the change process becomes more efficient, safer and easier to control.
- Risk Management: AFA automatically analyzes every type of packet that a firewall may encounter and performs a comprehensive analysis - not just a spot check. The number of theoretical combinations calculated by AFA is over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Customers therefore have the ability to view all risks and the specific rules that are causing them across all their firewalls. It helps you comply with corporate and regulatory requirements such as the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act, Basel II Capital Accord, HIPAA, BS 7799 / ISO 17799, FISMA, IAVA, Payment Card Security Standard PCI-DSS.
- Automated Audits: With AFA you can incorporate auditing into your work process. Simply define the schedule for analysis. AFA will automatically perform the analysis according to your defined triggers and e-mail the results to the relevant people upon completion.
- Policy Optimization: make your firewall work faster, and make your firewall administration tasks easier, by identifying: Unused Rules, Covered Rules, Most and Least used rules, Disabled rules, Expired rules, Unused and Empty objects, Rules without logs or without comments.
- Advanced Management: AFA provides operations, helpdesk and security teams with the ability to run online queries to diagnose whether the firewall is blocking operational traffic. In situations where a new exploit uses ports that could be blocked by the firewalls AFA lets you query all your firewalls to identify whether you are exposed, and which policies should be tightened up.
AFA supports a broad range of leading products such as: Check Point FireWall-1 on Sun Solaris, Linux, Win-NT, Nokia, SecurePlatform, Alteon, Provider-1, Crossbeam, Cisco PIX in all versions, Cisco FWSM, Cisco ASA, Cisco IOS Router Access Control Lists, and Juniper NetScreen.
AlgoSec provides advanced management solutions for computer network security. With seven years of R&D backing it, AlgoSec has developed the most effective software for analyzing, auditing, certifying firewall and router ACL policies, change management, and policy optimization. AlgoSec offers IT Security and Operations personnel unparalleled assistance to ensure their firewall policies are really safe and comply with corporate policy and industry best practices.
The AlgoSec products described in this document are protected by U.S. Patents and may be protected by other foreign patents, or pending applications.
For more information, visit the AlgoSec website at http://www.algosec.com or contact our media relations team. Tel: 1-888-358-3696.