San Diego, Ca (PRWEB) December 14, 2006
New Years is the time for resolutions of various types; such as losing weight, stopping smoking, and starting to exercise.
The office, where we spend so much time, is a place much neglected in the tradition of New Year's Resolutions. Continuing a tradition, IBT-USA, Inc., a global company that delivers the Personal Efficiency Programs (PEP) and developed the White Collar Productivity Index (WPI), has again asked their clients and associates around the United States "What's on your TOP 10 list of things you would like to improve, learn, or change in your office for 2007?"
The following are PEP's Top 10 office New Year's resolutions for 2007:
1. Fall in love with my "Delete Key" & learn the power of "Right Clicking"
2. No scroll bar in my email "In-Box" at the end of the day
3. Respect my time and the time of others
4. Set & keep appointments on my calendar to do my own work
5. Get organized so I stop wasting time looking for things I can't find
6. Get fit - both physically and mentally - it relieves stress
7. Schedule the priorities, instead of prioritizing the schedule
8. Don't over distribute emails to my colleagues and boss
9. Say yes to effective meetings and no to time-drainers
10. Work from anywhere but not anytime -- have a life
According to Bary Sherman, CEO of IBT-USA, "We see so many good things that people want to do to improve their effectiveness and reduce stress and they can. That's the good news! It's a matter of changing personal habits or office cultures. These Top 10 office New Year's resolutions for 2007 are simple in nature, but that does not mean that they are easy to do. Changing behavior is what this takes, and there are proven, effective, common sense methods people can use to change habits which have a significant probability of success."
For helpful tips and proven methods to help improve any of the Top 10 office New Year's resolutions for 2007 call 760.731.1400.
The Institute for Business Technology
IBT, founded in 1984, is a global consulting firm specializing in workplace solutions to improve the productivity and effectiveness of executives, managers, staff and professionals. IBT-USA's clients include such prominent organizations as AARP, Capital One, Ernst & Young, HP, NCR, Toyota and Wachovia Corporation.
ttIBT USA, Inc.